Adam Trachtenberg
Forum Replies Created
-
I don’t know if it’s a demo limitation or what, but I’ve never heard of that problem with the full product. I get full use of all cpus on my quad core.
Do you find the same thing with all scenes? Do you not see render lines when you render to the picture viewer?
-
Multipass rendering is just a way to break up your image into separate components, such as lights, shadows, reflection, materials, etc. You can also render out masks for individual objects (object buffers). Generally they are used to make adjustments in post that would otherwise require rerendering.
So, what passes you need depends entirely on what you want to do in post. Want to add depth of field or 3D fog? Render a depth pass. Want to adjust light color? Render a pass for your light or lights. Want to apply effects to separate objects? Render object buffers. Etc.
-
Got it. You’re going to have add a considerable amount of geometry to support the mouth shape. As I’m sure you’ve discovered, with the ultr-light mesh you have now, adding any local detail will distort the overall shape in a big way.
What you need is something closer to a head mesh such as you’ll see in the character models supplied with Cinema. Some of the cartoony ones included in the Mocca library might be a good starting point.
-
Adam Trachtenberg
December 2, 2008 at 10:32 pm in reply to: Make object Bend/Move along Spline without MographIt depends on the shape you need to bend. If it’s something you can build with loft NURBS then you could animate the loft splines along the spline with variable offset (at least in theory). Otherwise … not so much. There are plugins that can do this which are less expensive than MoGraphcan if you need to go that way.
-
It looks like you could do a lot of that by extruding splines. Even if that doesn’t get you all the way there it would be a good starting point for poly modeling, as long as you keep the spline complexity low.
-
Make the text editable and then connect the caps and optimize. If you don’t want to make it editable you could try placing the extrude in a connect object and then apply the hair to the connect object.
-
[Mike Moon] “Just to elaborate on what I’m trying to explain, I have this model and I used the Boole to make one part of the object flat. However where the boole had cut, I’d like to make those edges rounded. Is there a way to do this?”
You’re probably out of luck if you used a boolean object. It creates some nasty geometry that isn’t conducive to rounding, either with the bevel tool or hyperNURBS.
-
Bevel tool might get you there. 😉
You could also try HN with edge weighting.
-
The Matrix object (part of MoGraph) is generating the thinking particles. You assign pyrocluster by placing the mterial on the particle geometry object.
For a moving fog I would go with the matrix object with a bigger grid — and apply a random effector to it. Set the random effector to noise mode (effector tab) and it will impart motion to the cloud. You could even apply a couple of them with different noise settings for a more complex effect.