Forum Replies Created

Page 362 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    February 16, 2007 at 7:46 pm in reply to: Premier Pro 2 problem

    It’s very unlikely that it will run (it didn’t for me and most of the people who I know tried it), and if it does, it is not to be trusted anyway.

    If you just purchased a new Vista machine, I would recommend that you install XP if you want to do any serious editing, otherwise I’m sure Adobe will welcome you as a beta tester…

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 16, 2007 at 4:44 pm in reply to: title needs to render?

    Or just deal with the render times and spend more time on an island somewhere, looks like you need some stress relief 😉

    But yes, I bet you that with $5000.00 you can match the performance of Velocity with Premiere, and get a new PC as well, it’s just that 90% of Premiere users can deal with a real time render of slightly lower quality, and save $4000.00 in the process.

    Cheers

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 16, 2007 at 3:57 pm in reply to: Poor quality DVD when played on TV

    Unfortunately, no. The quality will depend on the unit doing the upsizing, some do better than others. You could also export to progressive. That will improve the quality in some players / screens, but might also bite you on certain players..

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 15, 2007 at 10:38 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro lagging badly. Please help. Urgent.

    You could try purging the rendered files. I usually never render until the project is completed for final review.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 15, 2007 at 7:14 pm in reply to: Still Image Woes – Part Deux

    That’s what I’m thinking happened too, though I have a Xena HS, and nothing of the sort ever happened.
    I think the next step would be doing a repair on PP2 and hope it overwrites those settings.

    I would shoot an email to the AJA guys as well to see if that issue ever came up.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 15, 2007 at 6:26 pm in reply to: centering audio??please help

    Have you started editing yet? If not, from the project window, choose your video/video clip(s), then go to Clip > Audio > Break out to mono options > Break out to mono. Just drag the right channel below the last track in the timeline and that will create a new mono track.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 15, 2007 at 3:14 am in reply to: Poor quality DVD when played on TV

    Well, the settings seem fine. Did you export to DVD directly from Premiere ?

    Of course, watching a DV to DVD footage on an LCD screen is going to bring out many of the artifacts you may not see on a smaller screen, or on a regular TV.

    By “terrible”, do you mean noisy? It would be great if you could post a screen capture from your computer screen.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 15, 2007 at 12:08 am in reply to: Trouble will Still Images, changing length

    If you don’t have any additional plugin folders other than the default Premiere, you should be able to cancel out of that.

    Then, to change the registered file type for Targa, go to any folder under XP, choose, Tools > folder options > File Types. Find TGA, then next to “open With” click change and choose Photoshop, or you default image viewer.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 14, 2007 at 11:50 pm in reply to: Trouble will Still Images, changing length

    You have to hold Ctrl + Shift, you will see a popup right after that.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    February 14, 2007 at 11:42 pm in reply to: Trouble will Still Images, changing length

    Hi Todd,

    All right, well the import was fine here. I have an AJA card, yet I wonder if there is a setting on your side that could be causing this. All right here’s a silly idea, what if you went to your folder options in (XP?) and changed the TGA extension to be opened by Photoshop and possibly do a restart. Then reimport. The reason I think that might work, is that Premiere is seeing the file as an AJA sequence, when it really isn’t.

    Good luck,

    Vince

Page 362 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy