Forum Replies Created

Page 354 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    March 26, 2007 at 5:35 pm in reply to: Premiere Version CS 3.0

    And still no support for HD DVD in Encore ??? (yikes) They must have made a deal with Sony, since it is much easier to implement than Bluray.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 26, 2007 at 5:33 pm in reply to: Premiere Version CS 3.0

    uhmm, according to the description, it doesn’t look like there is much in new features, except for the addition of DV Rack, that many of us already have. I guess we’ll find out with the official release. I’m they would include a bug correction as “new feature” 😉

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 24, 2007 at 4:26 pm in reply to: Pro VS Avid?

    I agree with pretty much everything Tim said. I would add that, in my experience, scopes are actually pretty unreliable on both applications (although they should do for very basic monitoring); but you would be much better off with an external one, even if that means going through used classified.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 24, 2007 at 1:42 am in reply to: show in a tv

    Premiere only supports preview through Firewire. You will of course need a Firewire output,or purchase a card, then pass it through an analogue converter. That would be a camera, DV deck, or one of the ADVC products.

    Vince

  • Terri,

    What type of video card and what kind of output are we talking about ?

    Vince

  • Or, it could be a setting in your video card software that automatically plays video full screen, most likely a default setting if you are using a laptop with VGA / DVI output. On my card, it’s called Overlay Zoom.

    Vince

  • Well, to setup the project, you simply pick 1080P in the project setup window. Then pick your frame rate, aaaaand…that’s about it for the setup. The workflow will really depend on what you are trying to achieve. Prior to import, the pictures may need to be formatted in Photoshop with batch processing, or not.

    Photoshop, for example will do a much better job at scaling than Premiere will, so if you are able to import the pics at 1920×1080, all the better (of course then zooming in is not longer in question without quality loss)

    Then you can change the default length for each pic on the timeline (preferences), make good use of the “.” shortcut to send the pics from source to selected track. And then, you haven’t told us what medium this is going to be sent to. HD DVD, WMVHD, tape ?

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 22, 2007 at 10:13 pm in reply to: HD Projects in Premiere Pro made from still photos

    But you did say “thousands”, that’s about 2 pictures per frame (not sure that’s going to work), sound like the audience will never be the same after that one 😉

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 21, 2007 at 10:23 pm in reply to: Apply flicker removal to a total sequence

    Just be aware that flicker removal is just another word for blur and will only take care of issues with thin lines and very sharp edges of large contrast ranges.

    You may want to preview all the stills and apply it to those stills that actually jump on a CRT. Most still should be fine as long as the saturation and luma are kept within legal specs. If they are not, you will be better off working with levels first.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Well, actually, they might be partly right. Although, I doubt that more than 2 cores will be in use, I have seem many demanding PC applications, including DV Rack run really smoothly under bootcamp on a Core 2 duo MacBook pro.

    And in the end, it’s a little like me running one of my machines an Vista, it’s run fine so far and I really like the fact that I get to use Vista (I guess I’m in the minority), but I won’t complain if I lose a half day of work due to project corruption or buggy interface. Nothing wrong with wanting the latest right away, just be ready to do plenty of back-ups.

    Vince

Page 354 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy