Forum Replies Created

Page 355 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    March 21, 2007 at 7:10 pm in reply to: Strange Problem

    What kind of codec are we talking about ? No problems here with DV, or uncompressed.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 21, 2007 at 7:08 pm in reply to: subtitles and captioning in Premiere Pro 2

    Not possible, in any format. For subtitle import, you’ll have to look at Adobe Encore, or a third party subtitling software.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 21, 2007 at 3:53 am in reply to: Installation order question…

    Good question ! And, I don’t know the answer for certain, but I can tell you that over the years I have NEVER paid attention to the install order, and never had to reinstall anything to correct those issue.

    I think Premiere loads most of these settings from the common folder, and unless someone actually knows a particular issue here, I wouldn’t worry about it. I would think that, in that case you can probably install Premiere last, so that it knows Photoshop is there.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 21, 2007 at 12:26 am in reply to: timecode on video

    There is a timecode effect, I can’t remember if it was there in 1.5.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 20, 2007 at 6:15 pm in reply to: digital signage

    You haven’t mentioned hows many monitors you are setting up? The cheapest way would be splitting VGA/DVI on a DA at the source, and a computer to play the content. This is as easy as it gets.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 20, 2007 at 3:48 pm in reply to: uploading videos to the internet

    They are usually listed in order of worst quality (Dial-up) to best quality (LAN), but best quality may mean that nobody will be wanting to wait for the download. 512K (sometimes associated with DSL) is usually a pretty fast speed for web standard, still being watchable by most users with a broadband connection.

    LAN can mean 750K and up, and that’s gonna take a very large buffer, or force a lengthy download for some users. This site is flash based, and there isn’t any easy way to tell the download speed, but I would be surprised if they offered anything above 400k since it is a free site, and bandwidth is still very costly.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 20, 2007 at 3:35 pm in reply to: Installation order question…

    You are absolutely right about plugins, but unlike the Production Suite (which decides the order of installation), none of these applications really have anything in common (excepts for what you will find in the Program Files/Common Files folder, but that’s exactly why that folder is created, since it will be there no matter what the order of installation is).

    Of course, if he was including Knoll’s Light Factory, or Magic Bullet, you’d want these in last.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 20, 2007 at 1:21 am in reply to: Installation order question…

    I can’t think of any reason why the order would matter.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 19, 2007 at 8:38 pm in reply to: Some feed back about Vista and PP2

    Small update on Vista and PP2.

    A workaround to scroll bar not working properly is to set the project panel in icon mode.

    I did get a few instances of a flickery program window, which goes away after moving the CTI to a different clip, or hitting the space bar a couple of time. This has been fairly rare and may be related to the graphics card set to highest setting.

    I have now completed a second project without any major issues. I did notice an actual better render time compared to a similar XP setup (about 20 minutes with the exact same project, but this could o course be due to many other factors; no major slow down however).

    I was able to use the entire production suite so far, including Encore which was said to not even start under Vista.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 19, 2007 at 3:48 pm in reply to: Exported DVD has artifacts all over it

    Glenn,

    If you want to post a grab of the timeline, just choose Frame in the export menu.

    You’ll probably have to convert it to a high quality JPEG using Photoshop or the likes.

    To grab a screenshot of your screen, use the print screen key on the keyboard, and again paste in Photoshop, etc.

    To post it, use one of the many free websites, photobucket.com is one of them.

    Vince

Page 355 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy