Forum Replies Created

Page 352 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    March 30, 2007 at 6:42 pm in reply to: Premir Pro CS3 and WIN Vista 64 bit

    They sure seem to have gone away on Vista 64 as well with the current production suite. Most of the projects I’ve thrown at it (including HDV) seem to cap at around 1.6 Gigs. Vista Ultimate BTW, takes about 500 Megs of that.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 30, 2007 at 6:10 pm in reply to: Premir Pro CS3 and WIN Vista 64 bit

    32 bits and 64bits are actually about the same as far as software goes. If the software doesn’t support 64bits, then it will run in 32 bits. The only issue you can run into is when the software isn’t approved (signed) by MS, because the 64 bits version won’t let you install it. There are workarounds, but it’s a pain…

    I am now running the current production suite on a Vista Ultimate machine (64 bits) without any real issues, so I’m confident CS3 will be fine. As Steve already stated earlier, I doubt you will get any answers from beta testers who are under confidentiality agreements.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 30, 2007 at 3:26 am in reply to: lighting diagrams online?

    I will second that, anyone who takes to time to put that amount of quality work together for everyone to share deserves a big applause. Looking forward to even more 😉

    Vince

  • What I meant to say is that it “copies” everything to a new folder. I would open it once to make sure it all works, but after that, you can probably lose the original folder (other than maybe keeping the auto-saved projects).

    Vince

  • Actually, it keeps all the used clips untouched, and removes unused clips, or pictures, etc.

    So, it doesn’t cut anything. It then moves everything in a single folder, ready for archiving.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 29, 2007 at 6:44 pm in reply to: Premiere Pro not loading

    Have you tried importing it inside a new project? I remember other posts about this subject, and the only possible problem that I can think of here would have to do with one of the clips inside your project.

    I would move all the clips linked to that project WITHOUT THE PROJECT FILE to a new location; then, separate video clips in different folders; that will force Premiere to load them one by one. I know, it might be time consuming, but if it hangs on a particular clip, you know it’s the problem. Then you can try importing the clip to after effects and export it again to say, uncompressed.

    Premiere is a lot more picky about small errors in a clip (call it corrupted clip) than AE.
    Vince

  • Have you tried using Project Manager instead?
    There is an option that will automatically rename the files to match the clip names, and remove unused files in the process; I think you are actually trying to do the opposite of that, but I’m not sure what your goal is in that workflow.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 29, 2007 at 5:12 am in reply to: Microphone question

    Got it. Well, if they are moving a lot, I’d go for omni. The countryman would be a great option here, because they are really small and wouldn’t be as easily noticed, and they are great mics as well. Unidirectional will pickup let noise, but if they turn their heads a lot, you might run into some issues.

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 29, 2007 at 3:18 am in reply to: Premiere Pro Audio to Pro Tools

    We hope that Adobe will finally add that feature in CS3, but it is a very complex format that would likely require an overall in the entire program (that’s my guess, I’m not a programmer).

    Anyway, Automatic Duck was it, and it’s no longer supporting PP. All you can really do at this time is import OMF projects into Premiere using “Pro Import”, and i’m not even sure it fully supports Pro Tools.

    Sorry for the bad news.

    I haven’t looked into using AAF to go to After Effects, and then OMF thru Automatic Duck from AE to ProTools, that’d be something to look into.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 29, 2007 at 3:05 am in reply to: Comments on PPRO CS3

    You can buy a 10 feet Firewire, which would do for most semi static shots.

    I mostly use DV Rack for monitoring post compression, which no other monitor will give you.
    Depending on the camera used, I will take a composite, or component out of the camera and use and A/D converter to my laptop.

    I think the recording capability should only be used as a backup, since crashes do happen. A mixer is also often needed on location, and those A/D converters often don’t have great audio inputs. It still is a great tool for instant shot review and basic monitoring.

    Vince

Page 352 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy