Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › How to make PPRO 2.0 rename files to new source name

  • How to make PPRO 2.0 rename files to new source name

    Posted by Nathan Quattrini on March 29, 2007 at 3:40 pm

    I am initially working with with files from a firestore, then renaming them after I delete the unwanted files. When I rename them, Premiere asks where the file went, I tell it, its ok. However it doesn`t rename the file in premiere or on the timeline. Thats making it very confusing, and very time consuming to have to rename the file 3 times (the actual file, premiere project window, premiere timeline) Is there a way to make it update them to the name of the source file?

    Vince Becquiot replied 19 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Vince Becquiot

    March 29, 2007 at 6:35 pm

    Have you tried using Project Manager instead?
    There is an option that will automatically rename the files to match the clip names, and remove unused files in the process; I think you are actually trying to do the opposite of that, but I’m not sure what your goal is in that workflow.

    Vince

  • Nathan Quattrini

    March 29, 2007 at 8:53 pm

    😮 you bring tears of joy to my dark little world. As odd as it may be, I neevr knew of the project manager or what it did….I was fdoing everything manually *cry* This is a blessing. One question, if i make a trimmed project does it duplicate the footage file only saving the used areas? Or does it just reference the in and out points of the same longer clip?

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 29, 2007 at 9:52 pm

    Actually, it keeps all the used clips untouched, and removes unused clips, or pictures, etc.

    So, it doesn’t cut anything. It then moves everything in a single folder, ready for archiving.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    March 29, 2007 at 9:55 pm

    What I meant to say is that it “copies” everything to a new folder. I would open it once to make sure it all works, but after that, you can probably lose the original folder (other than maybe keeping the auto-saved projects).

    Vince

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy