Vince Becquiot
Forum Replies Created
-
Vince Becquiot
April 4, 2007 at 3:15 am in reply to: Burned DVD perfect, now it says i have to lower the rate. It wont fit..?For footage under 1 hr, use CBR 8.
9 is too high for any burner, and you might start to see errors.
2 Pass VBR won’t make any difference in quality for that small amount of time, you’ll simply more than double the render time.
Vince
-
Well, you mentioned you were using what you thought was a Xvid file? This is the one you want to check.
Does the the footage captured from your camera also behave badly on export?
Vince
-
Well, the one you exported is going to be DV AVI, since Premiere tried to convert it. The one you want to check is the original file.
Vince
-
You can download a freeware called Gspot. You simply drag the file to it and it will tell you what codec was used, and whether it is installed on your computer.
As I mentioned before, Premiere doesn’t support it. The problem lies in the way it is compressed, which makes editing (and rendering) practically impossible without any considerable further loss of quality.
You can try googling up Xvid to AVI converter, I know there are a few out there. The converted file, assuming it is uncompressed or DV, should then be compatible with premiere.
-
Please give a little more info. Codec? If it’s anything like Divx, or Xvid, or most of what comes from the NET, then that’s a problem right there, since Premiere likely doesn’t support it. If you are using a supported Codec such as DV, then you will have to tell us what export settings you are using, etc.
Cheers,
Vince
-
Hey, how about a large knife, something that could, say.. cut a Neutrix cable 😉
Here a link you might want to look at.
https://www.enjoythemusic.com/Magazine/equipment/1203/isolationshootout.htm
Cheers,
Vince
-
Thanks John. I appreciate the input.
Vince
-
This is actually on a laptop, 2 Gigs of RAM installed, and the RAM consumption doesn’t really go much over 1 and a half Gigs, even with a fairly involved project.
Of course, I wouldn’t recommend installing PP2 on Vista. This particular laptop came with Vista Ultimate, and I couldn’t use some of its main features with XP, but other than for a couple of minor issues, everything has been running smoothly; your mileage might vary here…
Vince
-
It’s all about how much you are willing to spend on cooling… As far as premiere goes however, if you are already on a Dual Core, fast memory and high end GPU is really what money should be spent on. And as Blast said, if you are NOT on a Dual Core, then the improvement of 300 MHz really wont make any difference.
Cheers,
Vince
-
You may want to post that into an overclocking forum. I doubt anyone here give you advice that might cause you to fry a CPU 😉 The reason I tell you this, is because (when I was younger hmmm…) I actually fried one myself.
Unless you plan on leaving your machine inside a freezer, you’ll probably have to look at ways to diffuse the additional heat, and as far as video world goes, I’m not sure the work and research involved are worth the small benefits you will get in speed.
Cheers,
Vince