Forum Replies Created

Page 347 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    April 18, 2007 at 4:27 pm in reply to: footage replaces other footage

    Got it. Well, I guess the obvious thing would be to zoom in the timeline as much as possible. PP2 does snap, and tells that you are on the edge of the other clip by displaying a black line with arrows pointing down. No way,that I know of, to prevent it to overlap another clip.

    That’s all I got ;-(

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    April 18, 2007 at 3:24 am in reply to: Premiere CS3 Beta is not really a Beta!

    I believe it has to do with the fact that it is theorically a free release, so they can not include third party codecs / patents unless authorization has been given by these third parties. Not uncommon…

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    April 18, 2007 at 2:03 am in reply to: DV 1394 playback problem

    There will always be a delay, since this is real time encoding (from digital to analogue). It depends on the hardware inside your camcorder or A/D box. There is an additional delay, since the data also has to be sent from your machine to that encoder. If audio sync is the issue, you’ll have to hook up external speakers to the Camcorder or A/D box, and tell Premiere to send the audio to the Firewire.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    April 18, 2007 at 1:58 am in reply to: See what the new version of FCP can do

    A lot of what Apple is adding to FCP has been available with Premiere for many years. A few new feature including HD compression are actually really nice, but that’s too late, I have plenty of space now…

    A race is only a race if someone is willing to run. I’m staying right here 😉

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    April 18, 2007 at 12:21 am in reply to: out of synch audio

    This often happens with formats not supported by Premiere. What is the codec used for this clip ?

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    April 17, 2007 at 7:24 pm in reply to: footage replaces other footage

    That’s why most editors don’t use drag and drop 😉

    Again, place your CTI to the end of the clip using Pg Up, Pg down, select the right track, then use the “.” key to add the clip from the source monitor to the timeline.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    April 17, 2007 at 4:17 pm in reply to: PPro CS3 Publik-Beta is on the Adobe-Labs

    It would make sense that many third party import/export codecs wouldn’t be available, since this is a (free) release.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    April 16, 2007 at 4:33 pm in reply to: HDV Question

    I don’t think Media Player has ever supported HDV playback, but I’m sure having the latest version couldn’t hurt.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    April 16, 2007 at 4:30 pm in reply to: Error exporting movie.

    I can’t tell you what the problem really is, but QT for windows has always been sketchy for me. If it has to be Quicktime, I would use QT animation (at 100%, it is a lossless Codec), that’s the only one I ever use, and never encountered issues. As an added bonus, the size will be quite a bit smaller than uncompressed, though there isn’t any visual loss.

    Otherwise, I would use AVI uncompressed, much more dependable on this platform.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    April 16, 2007 at 3:22 pm in reply to: footage replaces other footage

    By “clip”, do you mean the video part, or the audio part ?

    Try editing from the source window instead, it might seem link a pain at first, but it will become second nature.

    Double click on the clip in the project panel. Select your in and out point (“i”, “o”)

    Then select the video and audio tracks you want to send the clip to, by either clicking on the name of the track in the timeline, or using keyboard shortcuts.

    Then use “.” key to overlay, or the “,” key to insert (will push everything ahead).

    It might sound complicated for the type of editing you are doing, but it will serve you well in the future, as you get to work on more complex projects.

    Cheers,

    Vince

Page 347 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy