Forum Replies Created

Page 339 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    June 3, 2007 at 4:50 pm in reply to: audio cut and paste issues – Help

    I meant to add that, if that converter did introduce errors in the file, Premiere Pro would be a lot more picky about it than Vegas, or even Premiere Elements I believe.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    June 3, 2007 at 4:47 pm in reply to: Importing a video – clip length not matching

    Either one should work in Premiere without issues. I am assuming there was no audio there right?

    What was the size of that 8 minutes uncompressed file?

    The only other thing I could think of is a corrupted Premiere installation.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    June 2, 2007 at 8:01 pm in reply to: Importing a video – clip length not matching

    It is very likely that PP2 doesn’t support the codec used in your video converter. I would go back to the converter and look at the options for output format. If there is a “uncompressed” or Full Frames” option, use that instead.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 31, 2007 at 11:12 pm in reply to: Get some practice in.

    Many cities have community media centers who can loan you a camera often for free. I would start there. You could also check with your local college to see if they offer editing classes.

    After Effects doesn’t need any footage to learn, and the Cow has plenty of tutorials.

    If you are new at editing, then learning the technical functions of Premiere is the easy part. I guess I could really summarize this by saying, read the manual.

    As for editing itself, you will indeed at least need a camera, and some guidance from both online tutorials, and really world experience.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 30, 2007 at 11:17 pm in reply to: External HD problem

    Ron,

    You may be right on the money here, but if I recall, many 6.5 users called it 7 simply because it made sense.

    Even Amazon called it 7: https://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-7-0-Windows/dp/B0000AJXWP

    It just strikes me that if he wanted to use a pirated version, he could probably find something more up to date 😉

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 30, 2007 at 11:09 pm in reply to: audio cut and paste issues – Help

    One more thing, I don’t know how many projects you are working on, but you can do a windows search for “.PEK” and see what folders/files come up. Then delete away !

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 30, 2007 at 11:05 pm in reply to: audio cut and paste issues – Help

    That affects every files in your project. If you deleted the right peak files, Premiere should start conforming again within a few seconds. Look around in case you moved the project.

    Also, if Premiere crashed, and you are using an autosaved file, the peak files will be in a subfolder in the autosave folder.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 30, 2007 at 11:03 pm in reply to: best codecs for editing & storage?

    I think your best option here is to keep everything in their original format and use hardrives. I now use SATA drives that I can swap in an external casing. Not that costly if you shop around.

    Recompressing to a third party format will not save you much space and will of course affect quality.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 30, 2007 at 10:49 pm in reply to: audio cut and paste issues – Help

    Look for Preferences > Scratch Disks > Audio previews

    If you haven’t changed the default scratch disks, the peak files should be in a subfolder named “Media Cache Files”, in your project folder. Delete all the files in that folder. Let us know how that works out.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 30, 2007 at 6:25 pm in reply to: audio cut and paste issues – Help

    Find your peak files folder (the location is under Preferences), and delete them.

    Vince

Page 339 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy