Forum Replies Created

Page 340 of 427
  • Vince Becquiot

    May 30, 2007 at 1:23 am in reply to: No audio from timeline

    It seems that you are mixing many types of audio formats in one timeline. Premiere actually only officially support few audio format. I’m not sure where you audio is coming from, but there are also many types of AVI, with very obscure audio codecs.

    Now if the exact same files worked in the past, you might be up against something corrupted in Premiere. But, I personaly make sure I convert everything to PCM before import. You can either use Audition, or another little application that I love called Xilisoft.

    I would also delete all the peak files from your project; that will force Premiere to generate new ones. The location is in the scratch disk preference tab.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 26, 2007 at 7:57 pm in reply to: interlacing / progressive etc,,,questions.

    Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone will be able to tell you that there is a perfect science. There are hardware systems that do a pretty good job at it (Yep $$$$$), but from what I’ve seen from my own experiments, it all depends of the footage you are working with.

    I would definitely post on After Effects as well, or at least look at the archives, I’ve seen it discussed many times. You will also get many more suggestions here during the week.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 26, 2007 at 6:32 pm in reply to: interlacing / progressive etc,,,questions.

    Steven,

    First, let me say, great work!

    Deinterlacing really won’t show as much in SD, and especially not on YouTube. But I’m sure you will find a noticable difference when this is seen in HD.

    I’m also pretty sure that Cineform will yield to better results than PP2; I haven’t seen side by side results, so I can’t really give you my opinion of this…

    Somehow, I thought the FX1 had a progessive mode, I must have thought of a different model.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 26, 2007 at 4:26 pm in reply to: interlacing / progressive etc,,,questions.

    I believe the newest vesions of WMP will automatically use hardware deinterlacing if it’s available on your card.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 26, 2007 at 4:24 pm in reply to: interlacing / progressive etc,,,questions.

    Hi Steven,

    I’ll start with this: Why aren’t you shooting progessive?

    Converting interlaced to progressive using Premiere is almost always a bad idea. Yes, you will lose resolution, and you have explained the process very well in your post.

    If you are looking at the footage in the Preview window, you may not see a difference, because that window isn’t really showing you the actual output. You would have to see the 2 videos side by side on a true HD monitor.

    Now, you did say that your clients were getting their cuts in SD, so that part may be less of an issue. Progressive might in fact not even be seen as progressive, unless they are watching it on a plasma.

    You also mentionned exporting to HDV. If those are music videos (short sequences), there is no reason why you shouldn’t be exporting uncompressed. HDV is very much on the edge for (HD) keying quality, and any effects or titles applied to the footage will require a new compression.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 26, 2007 at 3:17 pm in reply to: Lower-third video distortion

    You are going from a compressed DVD, to analogue, to a compressed 5:1 DV, then again to a CBR 5. That video has been through a lot in just one transfer, and those repeated frames might just have been introduced by the last CBR encode. Have you tried just renaming the vobs to Mpeg2?

    CBR and 5 MB/S don’t go together well if you want to keep some of the original quality. If you have to encode under 8MB/S, then use VBR. Use this calculator to get your exact requirements.

    I would also try a small work area export where the lower third is, to make sure that the encoding rate is the issue here.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 25, 2007 at 12:13 am in reply to: “Numbered Stills” gone missing!?!?!

    It did that to me as well on one of my machines with Targa files. I had to use After Effects.

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 24, 2007 at 3:41 pm in reply to: Sound Issues Post-Render

    Lower your audio levels in the timeline. If the meter hits or gets close to the red, you will get digital distortion. If you are familiar with compression, you can use that effect as well.

    Cheers,

    Vince

  • Vince Becquiot

    May 24, 2007 at 1:42 pm in reply to: A Wake-Up Call

    Gene,

    I’m sure you are aware of the fact that premiere has had Surround mixing available for several years now right?

    Good marketing and hype doesn’t make a better product.

    Vince

  • As Richard said, it depends. For starter, DV will recompress the video pretty heavily, unless you are capturing from a DV deck. You may also get color space compression, depending on the format you coming from.

    If you can afford a high end capture card, go for it. Just know that your space requirements will increase as well.

    If you plan on capturing HD in the near future, you may even want to look at AJA.

    Vince

Page 340 of 427

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy