Forum Replies Created

Page 237 of 332
  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    April 27, 2011 at 6:07 am in reply to: Critiques?

    There are many tutorials you can use to get ideas- you just have to decide on a look. Here’s one that may be interesting:
    https://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/energy_wipe/

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • This link will give you the info you need for external preview:
    https://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906c6dea-7ea3a.html

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    April 26, 2011 at 7:15 pm in reply to: What is happening to my footage?

    Thanks Dave- here we go:
    I suggested earlier 16 or 32 bit for smoother feathering – from your answer “I tried that, every thing is in best quality” I did not get the impression that you are referring to the same thing. 16/32 bit is the depth of the color space of your comp and not the layer or preview quality. Unless you set it different, AE defaults to 8bit, which will give you banding in gradients. 16 bit should be ok for what you need.
    Also, a usual trick in situations like this is to add an adjustment layer with Add Grain filter on it (monochromatic, .1 intensity and .1 size should do).
    And yes, black on grey will act different that a color to gray.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    April 26, 2011 at 4:54 pm in reply to: What is happening to my footage?

    Ok, Dave’s questions made me question if what I think I am seeing and thus what I think the issue is, is correct. You are talking about the banding you get at the edge of your mask, right?

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    April 26, 2011 at 4:03 pm in reply to: Smoke Particles ?

    Particular is a great plugin to have and learn to use. It will allow for you to do what you are after and so much more. I for one think it should be a must know/have for every AE artist.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    April 26, 2011 at 3:54 pm in reply to: Video :: projector advice

    The link posted at the beginning did not work for me, so I got my specs from google-ing the name of the projector- this is what I got:
    Native: 1024×768 Pixels
    Maximum: 1600×1200 Pixels
    Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (XGA)

    Probably it scales up to 1600×1200, but I still see benefits of working at this resolution. Thomas mentioned the first one- better resolution in the beginning means better looking animation in the scaled down version. Also working at 1600×1200 will allow you to see on your screen what the projected image will be and if by any chance the computer input allows for a higher resolution you will have it.
    On one thing Thomas and I agree though: do tests first.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    April 26, 2011 at 3:42 pm in reply to: Critiques?

    Not mentioning the “acting”, I think it’s a promising start, but it needs a bit more, a certain “wow” factor. When the guy in green “jumps” I would warp the space, create a slight shock wave, a vortex of sorts… something to point out the transition, and maybe some motion blur with a slight “shake” of the body at the beginning and the end of a jump.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    April 26, 2011 at 3:25 pm in reply to: Shadow with Freeform?

    A better plugin would be FreeForm Pro, but for your project you do not need that. You can use various plugins to fake shadows, and even a duplicated blurred layer with a Bezier or Mesh Warp applied to it for distortion. From the plugins I know, the Shadow that comes with Warp from Red Giant is the best:
    https://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/rgwarp/

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    April 26, 2011 at 7:15 am in reply to: Critiques?

    It would be great if you could also post a link to that video so that we have something to look at…

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • For a fixed camera you gave the answer yourself. One thing I might add is that usually the path of the person that will walk real time is determined in advance and the people that walk around for the timelapse part do not interfere with it. If there’s a camera move involved then a motion rig is required.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

Page 237 of 332

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy