Forum Replies Created

Page 130 of 332
  • I think that you will not find any shortcuts fr this one- either you spend money in production or in post. In production on lights and a large studio with a infinity white cyc (cyclorama), or in post on many hours of roto work.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    May 13, 2012 at 7:52 pm in reply to: Display tearing issues in CS6

    CS6, AE in particular, takes a toll on your card. If it worked fine in CS5 it does not imply it will work in CS6- you need a card with more memory if you want to run CS6 without the issues you are experiencing.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    May 13, 2012 at 5:10 pm in reply to: 59,94 fps conversion to real time

    You got a good solution in the first post.

    A search on this forum will provide a few good discussions regarding frame rate conversion.
    There are a few tutorials as well:
    https://library.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/fps.php
    And of course there’s always the Adobe website:
    https://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906c6dea-7f3ea.html

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Are you looking at a “Full” preview at 100%?

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    May 12, 2012 at 10:06 am in reply to: Motion tracking jitters

    Your AE tracking issue comes from the fact that your footage is interlaced. De-interlace and track again, I bet AE will track just fine.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    May 11, 2012 at 10:09 pm in reply to: Freeform Pro and anchor point question

    One issue I see in your project is that you are trying to scale the displacement map as well- no need for that. The displacement map should remain unchanged in it’s transformation properties. If you need to animate or affect the displacement, precomp the displacement map layer and do all that inside the precomp.
    I am wondering why are you trying to simulate a dolly/travel shot ( I think this is what you mean by zoom) by animating scale, when you can actually move the camera in 3d space and create a true 3d dolly?
    I get some weird results from your file that I am unable to replicate when I build the project from scratch – it may be connected with the expressions you use. The comp that has FF Pro on it appears sliced in 4 pieces with no displacement on … is that what you get as well?

    Describe the result you are trying to achieve and maybe I can recommend a different solution.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Tudor “ted” jelescu

    May 11, 2012 at 8:10 pm in reply to: Motion tracking jitters

    There are many tutorials on AE tracking. I would recommend checking out Mocha (free version with AE)- it does a superb tracking job on most clips.
    One question regarding your footage- is it interlaced or progressive?

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Can you post a simple project file that exemplifies your issue?

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • Cinema 4D is used by a lot of AE folks. 3D Max is another option.
    Blender is free and has a growing community.
    On the other hand, Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro and the other Zaxwerks plugins are tightly integrated with AE as plugins, and can do a lot of things.
    I guess it depends on how much and how complicated your 3d needs are.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

  • It should work in both, but I would test a sample first just to be sure.

    Tudor “Ted” Jelescu
    Senior VFX Artist

Page 130 of 332

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy