Forum Replies Created

Page 130 of 247
  • To tell you the truth, when I have the need for chroma keying I usually use Primatte in After Effects. I havent had the need to do just chroma keying in Premiere.

    Although whenever I use the accelerated effects like the 3 way color correct, most of the time I get real time playback with my Quadro 4000 CUDA card.

    I just seem to have a positive experience with CS6.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Sounds like you might want to consider Avid or FCP X since you are having such a miserable experience.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    May 7, 2012 at 9:50 pm in reply to: 3rd party monitoring – not quite there yet!

    Ding dong! Im chiming in as well. I get about a 1 frame difference between the Program Monitor and the Kona 3 hooked up to the external engineering monitor. I listen to Kona 3 audio out and things are cool.
    Since I either watch one image or the other (as opposed to watching one with the left eye and the other with the right eye :P) I am very happy with Transmit and the added performance I get from stable , CUDA sequence playback.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    May 6, 2012 at 11:19 pm in reply to: Duplicating Sequences frequently crashes Premiere

    When you get CS6 create a new regular adobe sequence that matches your clips. Copy and paste your clips from the old to the new. Should solve your problems if they are related to the old BM sequences

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    May 6, 2012 at 12:10 am in reply to: Imac or PC for CS6

    +1 Alan 😀

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    May 5, 2012 at 3:47 pm in reply to: CS5 and 7D Footage

    If you are on a Mac, be forewarned, Cineform can be a nightmare. I have nothing but crashes when trying to use it with CS5 software on export. Spent lots of time with developers trying to address the issue. They eventually gave up. I have standardized to an alternative to Prores that many professional are using these days. DNxHD. Its Avids codec and its free to download.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    May 4, 2012 at 6:04 pm in reply to: Mac CS6 no Cuda / Open CL on supported laptop

    Send me your email address and I will send you shipping details.

    tomd8@cox.net

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    May 4, 2012 at 5:30 pm in reply to: ANY reports on CS6? Mac, PC?

    Great performance as well.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    May 4, 2012 at 5:29 pm in reply to: Mac CS6 no Cuda / Open CL on supported laptop

    Thats a great idea, Eric. To be scientific about this, if you can provide me the clip(s) you are using I will replicate exactly what you are doing and report back. Getting the media is important since that maybe one of the factors affecting your less then satisfactory performance. Just let me know how I can access it.

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    May 4, 2012 at 4:50 pm in reply to: Mac CS6 no Cuda / Open CL on supported laptop

    Erik, you obviously didnt read the link I sent you about CUDA and what it does. If you had read it, you would understand what things its does speed up and what things its doesnt.

    https://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2011/02/cuda-mercury-playback-engine-and-adobe-premiere-pro.html

    Tom Daigon
    PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.7.3
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

Page 130 of 247

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy