Forum Replies Created

Page 285 of 350
  • Tim Kolb

    September 5, 2006 at 1:23 am in reply to: Diva Light – Kino

    Yes…that was going to be my question as well…have you tried other daylight bulbs? …or have you tried to change the sockets around?

    If you trade the daylight and tunsten bulbs into the other’s sockets when you see the problem, does the problem stay with the bulbs or the socket?

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2006 at 7:34 pm in reply to: HDV-Project / Compressor: I-Frame only…?

    There were a couple of directions of development going on with this feature and what I do recall can’t necessarily be discussed…but MPEG in the form used in HDV is made up of I frames (complete) P frames (predictive…based on prediction from I frames) and B frames (bidirectional frames computed from I and P frames).

    The sequence would flow by like this: IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBI (“I” signifies new GOP for 15 frame HDV2)

    First the I frame is computed, then the next P frame, then the B frames in between them, then the next P frame, then the B frames in between…all the way to the point where the next “I” frame to start the next GOP is computed before the last two B frames of the first GOP can be created…

    This is why video with the same data rate as DV handles like it’s about 5 times as much data with the same PC.

    By using all I frames for your preview renders, they get done faster. PPro does not use preview renders for exports, so when you export to HDV, that is a separate procedure.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2006 at 3:53 pm in reply to: PC Data Rate Calculator

    CineForm would be a tough one in that it’s not a fixed data rate and the content will have as much to do with the data rate as anything else.

    As far as regular, CBR data rates on the PC, I’ve never seen a tool like that, though I have no doubt it would be popular.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 4, 2006 at 3:22 pm in reply to: HDV-Project / Compressor: I-Frame only…?

    It’s greyed out correct?

    It’s part of the settings. I-Frame only MPEG just takes some stress off the processor as it can be encoded sequentially.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 3, 2006 at 5:00 am in reply to: Color shift at end of clip with Alpha Channel

    I just replicated the problem perfectly with an uncompressed AVI with Alpha on a DV timeline.

    Haven’t had time to mess with QT’s…but it appears to be easy enough to duplicate.

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 3, 2006 at 1:15 am in reply to: Color shift at end of clip with Alpha Channel

    So…please give me the important stuff and I’ll try to duplicate the steps…

    DV preset in PPro2…NTSC 48k…file out of AE…DV framesize, lower field, I assume uncompressed to carry the alpha?

    What else do I need to know?

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 2, 2006 at 8:19 pm in reply to: Key & Fill

    I see your post sitting without being answered…I don’t have the answer, but hopefully changing the re: line might get some traffic.

    I suspect the answer would be “no” as I believe the SDI outs need to originate from the same source…

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 2, 2006 at 8:15 pm in reply to: Color shift at end of clip with Alpha Channel

    What happens if you hold the last frame?

    If you double click the clip in the project window and look at the last frame in the source window…anything visually peculiar there?

    (…and no, the opacity control doesn’y ignore alpha channels.)

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 2, 2006 at 4:05 pm in reply to: Using Aspect HD with Conroe CPU

    I would think that you should do a little better than you’re doing, yes. It makes me wonder if there is some inherent bottleneck internally with the pipeline to the drive…

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

  • Tim Kolb

    September 2, 2006 at 4:03 pm in reply to: Color shift at end of clip with Alpha Channel

    That IS a weird one…

    Is the project interlaced? All I can think of is that (and this is a long shot) maybe the field dominance could be reversed and there is an orphaned field?

    If the project isn’t interlaced, then I’ll have to think some more.

    Can we have all the pertinent project/clip settings, etc.?

    TimK,

    Kolb Productions,
    Creative Cow Host,
    Author/Trainer
    http://www.focalpress.com
    http://www.classondemand.net

Page 285 of 350

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy