Forum Replies Created

Page 137 of 594
  • Steve Roberts

    December 13, 2007 at 4:37 pm in reply to: Film Stopping Effect?

    Either the “offset” or “motion tile” effect should do, animating the center of the image within the effect. Hit F5 to bring up the effects & presets palette, and search there.

  • Steve Roberts

    December 13, 2007 at 4:35 pm in reply to: output type

    Some thoughts:

    1. In general, if a file is a video file, it doesn’t matter if it is a collection of moving stills or shot video. What matters is the amount of change from frame to frame. For example, a dissolve between two stills compresses less efficiently than a video shot of a talking head (with camera on a tripod) with a solid blue backdrop behind. It’s all about the compressing software being able to predict which pixels will be which colour across the frame, and from frame to frame. Naturally a noisy (grainy) video will compress less efficiently. Less efficient = larger file size.

    2. Some tools compress better than others. Sorenson Squeeze is one. It is a dedicated compression tool. It allows 2-pass VariableBitRate compression, which first scans a video, then compresses it, allowing for better compression, which is better quality, smaller file size … within limits.

    3. Yes, if you can get the animation you want in Flash, it should give you a smaller file size when animating stills. It is because the file loads the stills and the code, then the Flash player executes the code, moving the images. Video loads (say) 15 compressed frames per second, so it can be much bigger than a Flash (SWF) file. However, you should know what you want the piece to look like, as Flash and AE can create very different things. Talk to your Flash person and see the kind of movies Flash can make.

    4. Most pros know that one movie will not work in all situations. So unless you’re really stuck, I’d make one movie for the web (320×240, 15fps maybe) and one for hard drive playback (maybe 640×480, photo-JPEG Quicktime, or WMV).

    5. Compression is an art. I recommend you get some options, then do some tests.

    6. Nowadays, web video seems to be divided between Quicktime and FLV (Flash video). The moving still-type of animation is an SWF, or Flash file.

    I think you need to get an idea of what video and Flash can do before you commit to an animation app. You should have some more discussions with your suppliers.

    By the way, could you describe the content of your intended video?

  • Steve Roberts

    December 12, 2007 at 7:41 pm in reply to: Tracking Data to Mask

    You can apply to the *layer position* property, but not to the *mask shape* property. There’s no “mask position” property.

    Search the COW for “track” and “mask”, or maybe add “vertices” to find a script that should help if you want to apply tracking data to the mask vertices.

  • Steve Roberts

    December 12, 2007 at 3:30 pm in reply to: freelancer daily rate in italy

    Did you check the Business COW or Broadcast Design COW?

  • Steve Roberts

    December 12, 2007 at 2:32 pm in reply to: motion blur ?
  • Steve Roberts

    December 11, 2007 at 4:06 pm in reply to: 3d Light thru houses

    I can’t see the JPEG – page not found.

  • Steve Roberts

    December 11, 2007 at 4:05 pm in reply to: Midi/hardware controller for AE?

    Did you try the AE expressions COW forum?

    https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/227/8771

  • Steve Roberts

    December 11, 2007 at 4:03 pm in reply to: Strange Feild Order problems

    I’m not sure about PAL, but in NTSC-land … if you have interlaced 720×486 material centered in a 720×480 comp, the field order will flip. This is because the movie now starts 1 field higher (or lower) than it did before. So the footage needs to be moved up (or down – it doesn’t matter) one pixel to maintain field order.

    So try moving the footage layer up or down one pixel.

  • Steve Roberts

    December 11, 2007 at 2:53 pm in reply to: Odd 3d movement

    Hi James,

    I’ve opened the project, looking at ThursMorn2 and … you’re not going to like this … I see no parallax. Every video is lined up in its proper hexagon. It looks good, I’m , er, sorry to say.

    But there is a clue. I don’t have any FE effects installed, so AE couldn’t load your “FE light sweep”. That’s the only difference I can see between you and I, aside from our setups, and the missing fonts & footage. (I’m on OSX, AE CS3, without OpenGL active.) Although Light Sweep shouldn’t bugger things up.

    Sorry James, but I’m at a loss. I don’t see any parenting or collapsing in your project, which I thought might contribute to the issue, and it’s hard to troubleshoot a project that seems to be working fine.

    I can only ask … have you upgraded to 6.5.1? I hope that upgrading to CS3 isn’t necessary. That wouldn’t really make sense.
    https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2724

    Can anybody else help?

  • Steve Roberts

    December 11, 2007 at 2:09 pm in reply to: Import 3d models from maya

    That would be “Zaxwerks Invigorator”. 🙂

Page 137 of 594

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy