Steve Eisen
Forum Replies Created
-
FCP does not convert. Convert your wav files with iTunes or QuickTime Pro.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Make sure your hard drive is formated as HFS+
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
I can’t recommend a card but I can recommend a newer Used computer.
FCP 5 will not run on your system. It’s not just the graphics card.
If you are looking for cheap, a year old iMac is what you want.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
That is why everyone should have insurance.
My car was broken into last year. They were going for my GPS unit which as mounted on my dash. Now I always remove it when I am not in the car. Over $8000 of video gear including a brand new FS-100 and Powerbook was in my backpack. I wish they would have taken my DSR-300 which was in the back.
Insurance paid for the replacement cost of the items stolen.
I came out ahead with new equipment but would not want to experience it again.
My brand new HPX-500 is protected at all times.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
In FCP it is called Logging. Depending on how fast you can set your in/out, type clip name and scrub, you can have yourself a very efficient and organized capture bin after your tape has been batch captured.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
You must have missed the boat on CS and CS2. PS7 is very old.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Set your bit rate around 1-2. Quality won’t be that great but if you want to fit close to 4 hours on 1 DVD-R, you are sacrificing quality.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Now that you know about iRiver, what does that tell you? Reading all your posts across the forums, I can see that you are looking for the Cheap alternative. Unfortunately, cheap is not the way to go in video production. Get yourself a loan and buy or rent some decent equipment.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
$500 is a little cost prohibitive to you. You are recording a once in a lifetime event. You only have one chance to get it right. You already admitting to messing it up in a previous post. My advise is to do things the right way not the CHEAP way. Your clients are expecting a professional product. Give it to them.
A quality video includes great sound, great lighting and great shot composition.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
I will agree with Jan and Richard. I have had my HPX-500 with HD lens for 2 1/2 weeks and I am loving it. Like Richard said, it will pay for itself easily in two months.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group