Steve Eisen
Forum Replies Created
-
Steve Eisen
June 25, 2008 at 2:06 pm in reply to: Crash of FCP on a Macbookpro using external hard disk to save SXS card contentsWhat is your make and model of external HD and how is it connected?
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Create file in PS and save as png. All your layer styles will show up nice in FCP.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Agree. Don’t partition your startup drive. HD’s are very inexpensive today. When new OS is released, pull your original startup drive and put it on the shelf. Insert a new HD for the next version of Leopard.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
A bit confusing but I think I understand what your trying to say. First before you start shooting footage, the shooter and editor must be on the same page and select a format and stick with it. Obviously your project has been shot. My suggestion would be to tell your “agent” to either reshoot at 720p 24 or edit the project using 720p 60 (that is the sequence setting for 720p 30).
FYI, the camera is the HVX-200.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
To keep it simple, convert your audio file on the CD to 48Khz. FCP was designed to work with 48Khz.
insert your CD into your Mac. Open audio file with QuickTime and export using 16bit 48khz.
Alternative is convert file via iTunes. If you have many audio tracks, you can bring the files into FCP and do a batch export.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Thank you Walter. You said it all. I wish more shooters/editors can understand the requirements needed in this business. If you are going to shoot and edit in HD, you need to do it the right way. If not, expect undesirable results.
I too get annoyed when I see posts complaining that something doesn’t work or blaming Apple. The majority of the time it is user error. Apple is giving you the basic tools needed to get you started in this business. You still have to add more RAM, hard drive storage, monitors, capture card, etc.
I am a small business owner that started with a $15k loan. I don’t need to go into detail on the equipment I own or how much money I make. All I can say is I am very educated when it comes to the necessary equipment needed to complete a project. My system has never hiccuped or experienced any crashing like Mike and Christoph has described above.
Can an HD project be done on a budget? Yes it can. It still costs money.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Have clicked on the Add Folder in the upper left hand corner?
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Steve Eisen
June 21, 2008 at 4:19 pm in reply to: A Codec for both FCP Studio Pro 2 as well as Premier CS3?A friend of a friend of a friend of mine (you know how it is…) has told me that 104 mini DV tapes shot in HDV equals hours and hours of footage. Before capturing all of the tapes, I would very carefully analyze the footage and capture only the necessary amount you need for the project.
How many hours are in a day? My memory recalls 24. I hope you have a few months a free time to work on this project.
FYI, you can edit native HDV in both FCP and Premiere CS3.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Chicago is a great resource for VARs. Let me add Midwest Media Group. They are large and very knowledgeable.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group -
Yes you need to install all new apps. Very tedious and time consuming process.
You only need your serial number for FCS1 when you upgrade. That does not physically have to be installed.
Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group