Forum Replies Created

Page 126 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    January 24, 2015 at 5:05 pm in reply to: PPro offers what BIG advantages over X?

    [Oliver Peters] “The tabbed timeline window is superior to X’s timeline history. I can’t get any version of X to hold a lot of sequences in the history. It seems to always forget a few as I go back and forth”

    One of its most annoying “features”

  • Steve Connor

    January 23, 2015 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Tracks are Indispensable.

    Good grief, how DID we all cope before FCPX came along!

  • Steve Connor

    January 22, 2015 at 11:12 am in reply to: Logic Update

    Would be nice to have an FCPX update with that amount of “stuff” in!

  • Steve Connor

    January 21, 2015 at 9:33 am in reply to: 3.5 year old blog post still relevant

    Thanks for posting that, I didn’t read it the first time round, it does sum things up perfectly.

  • [Bill Davis] “Seems the Adobe CFO said some stuff about CC in a business mag and ignited a bit of a kerfluffle on the CC or not Board. I think I’ll sit this one out and just watch. Whew.”

    It’s actually quite a good tempered discussion, nowhere near as heated as some of the discussions have got on here

  • Steve Connor

    January 20, 2015 at 3:27 pm in reply to: Upgrading to CC from Premiere Pro 4

    It left my Copy of CS6 on the system when I upgraded

  • Steve Connor

    January 20, 2015 at 2:52 pm in reply to: OT: Fusion Studio

    As powerful as it is, I really can’t see significant numbers of AE or Motion users converting to Fusion, just as I can’t see many Editors using Resolve as their main NLE, even if they do manage to add more features and tackle the speed issues. Especially if Adobe manage to make significant speed improvements with AE

  • Steve Connor

    January 19, 2015 at 12:14 pm in reply to: General Lag, Waveform Showstopper

    Really hoping for some speed increases in the way FCPX handles waveforms & thumbnails in the next release. PPro CC 2014 can also take a while to generate the waveform and thumbnail data, but once it’s in then it’s much faster on my machine.

    It’s not enough of an issue to stop me using FCPX but it’s the one thing I wish they would improve.

  • [Mitch Ives] “I think that’s kind of a dubious claim Bill. One of those “I can’t prove it, but I feel strongly about it” kind of positions. I’m sure there are instances where this is true, but to make it a blanket statement?
    “

    He did say “often” not “always” so that makes it a little less of a blanket statement and there is a truth in it that many experienced editors try to make it work like a traditional NLE at first. Certainly based on the complaints about FCPX that I’ve heard from people.

  • [Douglas K. Dempsey] “Second Bill’s comment on the “kids” — my high school students, some of whom are actors from theater class and think of themselves as ‘tech averse’ are thrilled to instantly and intuitively succeed in X.

    One of my better students is the daughter of a commercial editor in NYC, who cuts TV commercials on Avid (ever see the Barcardi “Revolution” period-piece spot?). No denigration from Dad.”

    Not just kids, I work with a DOP who’s never edited before and he’s learned FCPX very quickly!

Page 126 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy