Forum Replies Created

Page 125 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    February 5, 2015 at 6:00 pm in reply to: Magic Bullet v12 released

    Downloaded the trial and it’s MUCH faster!

  • Steve Connor

    February 5, 2015 at 4:07 pm in reply to: The Next FCPX Update

    Here’s a nice perspective on a year with the new MP and FCPX, from Peter Wiggins

    Bill, please note what he mentions at the end!

    https://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/articles/1595-the-mac-pro-and-final-cut-pro-x-one-year-on-what-has-changed

  • Steve Connor

    February 4, 2015 at 3:39 pm in reply to: Magic Bullet v12 released

    I’ll be interested to see if there’s been speed improvements!

  • Steve Connor

    January 30, 2015 at 9:15 pm in reply to: FCPX offers what advantages over Premiere?

    [Bill Davis] “Not sure it makes sense to ask for both simultaneously.”

    Why on earth not? The magical FCPX database should give you MORE flexibility not less, as you say it’s an ACTIVE management database, should be easy to change datapoints

  • Steve Connor

    January 30, 2015 at 8:31 pm in reply to: FCPX offers what advantages over Premiere?

    [Bill Davis] “While in X, doing a clip replacement with media that’s 20 frames shorter is unacceptable if the closing range address is one of the now missing frames. The database returns an error because the location is GONE. That can’t work.”

    I’d like the option to override this as in other NLE’s, I seem to remember you could do it in earlier versions of FCPX

  • Steve Connor

    January 29, 2015 at 9:01 pm in reply to: FCPX offers what advantages over Premiere?

    [Bill Davis] “other NLEs are a bit “constrained” by needing to link to and manipulate media directly rather than by reference. “

    At least PPro lets you relink to a clip that has different properties than the original

  • Steve Connor

    January 28, 2015 at 1:26 pm in reply to: FCPX offers what advantages over Premiere?

    [Dennis Radeke] “[Steve Connor] “Can’t be a big job to make a separate installer for it?”

    Actually, it is.”

    Fair enough!

  • Steve Connor

    January 28, 2015 at 1:11 pm in reply to: FCPX offers what advantages over Premiere?

    [Dennis Radeke] “No, Premiere Pro isn’t the dongle at all. It is just that it didn’t make sense to make a separate installer for Encore (it is built into the Premiere Pro CS6 installer). “

    Surely it makes sense now as most CC subscribers won’t want PPro CS6, it would also make it a little less confusing for some people. Can’t be a big job to make a separate installer for it?

  • Steve Connor

    January 26, 2015 at 8:14 pm in reply to: The Next FCPX Update

    I was hoping that upgrading to a new MP would help a lot.

    I did an edit in iMovie today to see how that works and it’s MUCH snappier with exactly the same AVCHD material. Hopefully when FCPX gets it’s new look interface (assuming it does) it will improve the speed.

  • Steve Connor

    January 25, 2015 at 10:21 pm in reply to: The Next FCPX Update

    [Helmut Kobler] “I have a 6 core 2013 Mac Pro with D500s and 32GB of ram, cutting a 3 minute project using a couple layers of prores 422 footage off of a Thunderbolt 2 8 drive RAID…and the interface is often laggy. Selecting clips, trying to trim them, sometimes skimmer responsiveness, inspector responsiveness (moving in and out of the color corrector, for instance).

    I’m surprised this hasn’t been addressed more aggressively by Apple, but letting things fester is generally Apple’s M.O. these days….”

    Are other people seeing this as well? I get it, but I assumed it was that fact that I’m using a 2008 MPro

Page 125 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy