Forum Replies Created

Page 127 of 426
  • [Bill Davis] “speaking ONLY of the interface representation, for all I know they’re a great editor, but to my eye this is a interface disaster of epic proportions and is exactly what we’ll all be seeing if we allow unlimited timeline color tagging.)
    “

    I know there’s not much you’d like to change about FCPX Bill, but some of us would like the OPTION to have Colour coding.

  • [Bill Davis] “Really, Magnetism isn’t a single “thing” iIMO. It’s part of the cohesive editing system in X. And to isolate it and talk about it in the absence of the database that drives it and connected clips, secondary storylines and the other X vertical relationship “stickiness” elements – can only lead to more misunderstanding and more editors not truly familiar with X missing the larger point.
    “

    interesting how people define the magnetic timeline, I actually consider it to be ALL of the operations in the timeline, including most of the elements you listed,

  • [Dennis Radeke] “Well, the question you ask starts with a bias whereas Herb’s question was one of inquiry and an exposition of where he’s come from.

    If that’s how you posit the question, as Andrew said, you’re likely to get very one-sided answers.
    “

    Fair point so let’s continue using Jeff’s rephrasing of the question.

  • Steve Connor

    January 13, 2015 at 7:14 pm in reply to: The exponential greatness of multicam in FCPX

    [TImothy Auld] “I’d like to see that. Started by anyone.

    Tim”

    Done!

  • Steve Connor

    January 13, 2015 at 6:45 pm in reply to: The exponential greatness of multicam in FCPX

    Great thread you started here Herb, care to start another one about the benefits of the magnetic timeline?

  • Steve Connor

    January 13, 2015 at 2:21 pm in reply to: The exponential greatness of multicam in FCPX

    [Oliver Peters] “An even more brilliant interface lets the user customize workspaces that fit their needs with the tools they pick to use within the application.”

    Or at the very least save different versions of the workspace they ‘allow” you.

  • Steve Connor

    January 13, 2015 at 7:40 am in reply to: OT: stepping down

    Sad to see you go David but look forward to seeing you back. I hope things improve for you soon

  • Steve Connor

    January 11, 2015 at 7:43 pm in reply to: The exponential greatness of multicam in FCPX

    [James Ewart] “Yes I accept that but they are all messy in my view by comparison. FCPX is a “better” designed interface for my money. Radically different. Less tech looking. whether for Multicam or single cam. And I hated it for a year.
    “

    I think we’ll be getting a slight redesign soon, making things a bit more “flattened” like the new iMovie.

  • Steve Connor

    January 11, 2015 at 7:40 pm in reply to: The exponential greatness of multicam in FCPX

    It’s very easy to make the PPro interface less “busy”

  • [Andrew Kimery] “I feel like we are heading towards a Monty Python skit.”

    Oh yes we are

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Page 127 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy