Forum Replies Created

Page 128 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    January 11, 2015 at 4:13 pm in reply to: The exponential greatness of multicam in FCPX

    [Bret Williams] “Aha! Looks like it’s easier than that. Just hightlight text and press quote. No need to press reply or hold down the quote button and choose open”

    Nice!!!! Thanks for that

  • [Scott Witthaus] “Agreed, and a good reason for “the forum name change”!

    🙂
    “

    Perhaps we could start a new forum to discuss the name change “FCPX or Not – or not!”

  • Steve Connor

    January 11, 2015 at 1:32 pm in reply to: The exponential greatness of multicam in FCPX

    [Andrew Kimery] “”Reply with quote” would automatically quote the entire post and put it in the reply text box (for lack of a better term). Right now it’s:
    1. Hit “reply”.
    2. Highlight text in post you are replying to.
    3. Hit Q or “quote” button.

    A “reply with quote” button would merge these steps into a single button press.
    “

    That would be useful as I can’t make the quote feature work on my iPad!

  • [Scott Witthaus] “ummm…it’s an FCPX forum, right?
    “

    ….or not 🙂

  • Steve Connor

    January 9, 2015 at 8:14 pm in reply to: The exponential greatness of multicam in FCPX

    [Herb Sevush] “With multiple start stop clips, the timeline puts each clip on a separate track, just like Legacy used to do. To consolidate, just drag all the camera 1 clips onto a single track, being careful not to move them out of sync, and do the same with all other clips, each track representing a different angle.”

    FCPX Puts them all on one track (most of the time!) which is good

  • [Nick Griffin] “Yes, you will have a learning curve, but if you’re at all like me, once you start learning the Avid way it’s amazing how fast and efficiently you can work.
    “

    Nice to hear someone saying that about an NLE other than FCPX!

  • Steve Connor

    January 9, 2015 at 12:41 pm in reply to: Audio Only cross fade in X

    [James Ewart] “I would dearly love to spend a day with Herb showing how brilliant FCPX Multicam is. Other than that I cannot help persuade him because I have never used Adobe PP in Multicam mode – my only previous Multicam experience was FCP ‘Legend’ (as it now seems to be called). My opinion is therefore of limited value to anyone using PP.

    But if one makes a claim like “Something I’d say X does exponentially better than any other NLE on the market btw”. It is bold indeed.

    One needs to be able to substantiate this claim in some way (albeit subjective) if it going to have any credibility or value to the rest of us on the forum who are here to learn and occasionally share any snippets of wisdom of our own.
    “

    I’ve used multicam on both, but only picture cuts in relatively simple conference and music videos, while I prefer the FCPX implementation, they are both relatively similar and I wouldn’t say FCPX was “exponentially” better. Can’t speak for edits with more complex audio though.

  • Steve Connor

    January 9, 2015 at 7:54 am in reply to: Audio Only cross fade in X

    [Tim Wilson] “For the rest, separated from Robin as you completely rightly point out, I completely stand by it. Calling people’s motives into question, and whether or not they belong here is a step back in time to three years ago or more. Coming up on 4 actually. Not good”

    and you’re right to call it out when it happens

    [Tim Wilson] ” Maybe FCPX actually IS the best choice for every task.
    “

    It’s not, it’s a developing piece of software that still has some growing to to do, but it IS remarkably good for MANY workflows.

    I’m an FCPX user, have been since it first arrived, it’s my primary NLE, I’ve used as much as anyone on here and I enjoy using it a lot, but even I still get called out by some of the more evangelical users on here when I suggest there are some deficiencies with it.

  • Steve Connor

    January 8, 2015 at 1:39 pm in reply to: Audio Only cross fade in X

    [Robin S. Kurz] “but then I can’t think of when and why I would actually want my video and audio transitions to be a different length. “

    Depends on your style of editing I suppose, I rarely have audio transitions at the same length. Don’t get me wrong, I’m quite happy with the way FCP X handles audio, I was just responding to other comments about audio only transitions. Like everything it would be nice to have another option to work with.

  • Steve Connor

    January 8, 2015 at 1:05 pm in reply to: Audio Only cross fade in X

    [Robin S. Kurz] “Erm… you realize of course, that every transition already has an audio transition in it? So why exactly would you want or need it to begin with?? 😉
    “

    Erm, if you want to add 3 frame transitions to every audio edit, other video transitions are rarely 3 frames

Page 128 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy