Forum Replies Created

Page 129 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    January 8, 2015 at 7:44 am in reply to: Apple has lost the functional high ground

    [Helmut Kobler] “Well, Steve, a free market of ideas also means that I’m able to criticize overrated operations officers like Tim Cook when I want….and begin drawing attention to his core failures and talking about getting him replaced if he doesn’t improve.
    “

    Of course you’re free to criticise, no-one has said you’re not!

    I’m also free to disagree with your thoughts, there are a large number of reasons why Apple may be losing the functional high ground, I just happen to think a CEO trying to make a decent and more moral company isn’t one of them.

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2015 at 8:21 pm in reply to: Apple has lost the functional high ground

    [Mitch Ives] “Of course it goes without saying, that I am not only accorded the same right, but the same weight as well… or do you disagree on that?
    “

    Your right is unassailable, weight, however is an infinitely variable factor for everyone when discussing opinions 🙂

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2015 at 5:54 pm in reply to: Apple has lost the functional high ground

    [Mitch Ives] “The Glory of free speech is that you are allowed your opinion…”

    Yep!

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2015 at 5:12 pm in reply to: Apple has lost the functional high ground

    The glory of the free market is that if you’re not happy with the products that a Company is making you can always go elsewhere.

    The suggestions that Tim Cook’s social focus and charitable activities are somehow harming the quality of Apple products are frankly ludicrous.

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2015 at 3:41 pm in reply to: What are your NLE & kit plans for 2015

    [Scott Witthaus] “I am actually looking forward to seeing what the improvements are in CC versus CS6. Like it or not, Premier is something that freelancers need to know these days.
    “

    The improvements are quite considerable!

  • Steve Connor

    January 7, 2015 at 11:07 am in reply to: Apple has lost the functional high ground

    Me too, I like Yosemite a lot, it’s improved speed on my 2008MP

  • [Peter J. DeCrescenzo] “I don’t hire myself out as an editor, but on occasion I edit small projects I shoot, either for $ or personal projects. I never edit with a client present. Most of what I shoot is edited by someone else.

    I may continue using FCP 7 on my MBP-17 for 1080p ProRes projects.
    “

    Sounds like you’re making a sensible choice then!

  • [Peter J. DeCrescenzo] “Building a custom PC using compatible components for editing/grading 4K in Resolve 11 is an approach I may take, and one I can afford.
    “

    So do you plan to use Resolve as your only NLE?

  • [Bill Davis] “I think they just clearly saw that inside an NLE, the main necessity is color CORRECTION. Which they can handle with sublime ease with the color board. (“

    The Colour board is great, but not adding keyframes to it is a big omission, fortunately fixed by third party plugins

  • [Oliver Peters] “I only have to go back to something I did in 1999 for Walt Disney World Epcot. Do a search for “Illuminations Reflections of Earth” for the complete view (it’s a mix of music, fireworks, video, lasers and lights).
    “

    I saw that show, it was fantastic!

Page 129 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy