Forum Replies Created

Page 130 of 426
  • Steve Connor

    January 3, 2015 at 5:57 pm in reply to: Seriously? PPro CC still can’t import subfolders?!

    Yep, works very well!

  • Steve Connor

    January 2, 2015 at 5:20 pm in reply to: Audio Only cross fade in X

    [Herb Sevush] “Well I could except for the fact that X doesn’t have sync indicators, so even though I prefer to untether it would be fairly suicidal to do it in X”

    But surely sync indicators are “the old way”? 🙂

  • Steve Connor

    January 2, 2015 at 3:33 pm in reply to: Audio Only cross fade in X

    [John Rofrano] “[Daniel Frome] “So what if we don’t own motion? Can’t do this trick?”
    Yes you can. You don’t need Motion to use Motion Templates in FCP X. It’s part of the built-in capabilities of FCP X.”

    Yes, and it does crossfades, linear, s-curve or +3,-3 db, it’s very simple to set up a 3 frame crossfade and copy it to all your edits.

    Big downsides are that you can’t use it if you have existing transitions on the video clips and doesn’t work on split audio!

  • Steve Connor

    January 2, 2015 at 2:20 pm in reply to: What are your NLE & kit plans for 2015

    [Scott Witthaus] ” so I bought the FS100″

    I use the FS100 a lot, great camera

  • [Oliver Peters] “I bail pretty quickly to a different tool. It sounds like the audio issues you describe are just another symptom of X’s generally poor performance across the board”

    I get just as many audio dropouts in PPro CC so I don’t think it’s necessarily X specific. It may be an OS problem

  • [Herb Sevush] “Well from your point of view X might be the most promising. From my point of a view it’s a wankel rotary engine ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wankel_engine ) in that it’s advantages when balanced against it’s disadvantages make the price of novelty a bit high for my tastes. YMMV and it obviously does.”

    Great to see you back Herb!

  • [Herb Sevush] “[Bill Davis] “(Now I shall wait patiently for you to acknowledge that “FCP X fanboy” has been just as prevalent.”

    I would think the “fanboy” to “dinosaur” ratio was about 60/40 in the first 2 years (that is, more invective hurled at X users than hurled at nay-sayers.) Nowadays, I’d say it’s about 50/50. But then again I never said the fanboy tirades didn’t exist. I leave historical alteration to others — I’m just the self appointed forum fact checker.
    “

    Can we add in the “Apple Kool-aid” (or equivalent) remarks, or perhaps these were just a subset of “FCPX Fanboy”?

  • [Bill Davis] “Honestly, the resistance to giving up the way it’s been done, JUST because it’s the way it’s been done – is kinda staggering sometimes. “

    Go on say the word “Dinosaur” 🙂

    Wanting sync markers have NOTHING (see I can shout too Bill) to do with not adapting, it’s just about wanting something very BASIC (shouting again!) that other NLEs have instead of having to apply markers which is, in effect a WORKROUND! (Apologies for all the shouting)

  • [Bill Davis] “But the unique processes in X makes the work more efficient and more CREATIVE – (not according to me, but according to the editing professionals posting these examples.)

    The bottom line is that there IS a growing body of evidence that the way Apple reconstituted X has lead to editors who use it to leverage the new thinking into ACTUAL editorial improvements in their work – compared to what they used to do in their traditional NLEs. “

    Can you point us at examples where Professionals are claiming they can be more CREATIVE in FCPX? because much as I love FCPX I certainly wouldn’t claim it’s made me more creative in my editing, for me it’s faster and it’s much more fun but my editorial creativity comes from me NOT the NLE I’m using

  • [Bill Davis] “That’s one of many of the very smart changes that Apple made in X when they re-conceived it.
    “

    If only they had imagined a way to re-sync clips easily, or even add sync markers as well

Page 130 of 426

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy