Forum Replies Created

Page 147 of 285
  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 5, 2013 at 2:04 pm in reply to: Text facing Camera?

    I thought that Point At only gave you the option of one axis? I guess you’d need to have three instances if you wanted it completed locked.

    Link rotation is marginally easier in this case possibly?

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 5, 2013 at 1:34 pm in reply to: Text facing Camera?

    Try linking the XYZ rotation of the Text layer (or text group) to the rotation of the camera. That should do it.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 5, 2013 at 1:05 pm in reply to: Quality issues with Motion 5.0.7

    You normally wouldn’t expect to see much difference if any in the Viewer between Normal and Best quality with a graphic like this which suggests you may well have a graphics card issue.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 5, 2013 at 12:23 pm in reply to: Text facing Camera?

    Easiest way is to make the text layers 2D rather than 3D. Would that work for your project?

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 1, 2013 at 11:29 am in reply to: How to create a shadow for text with a path applied?

    Duplicate the text layer and rotate it on the X axis through 180 degree. Then simply invert the value of the Y centre control point.

    For the “shadow” I simply used a value of +109 instead of -109 for the control point 2 Y value.

    Hope that makes sense.

    EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post and didn’t realise you were using Path/Geometry, which does cause the problems you are encountering. Try using Open Spline instead of Geometry and you can control thing much more easily.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • [Mark Dobson] “For instance has anybody tried out the superb new White Balance tool in iMovie.”

    Yes, I have, and it falls into the usual Apple just-about-good-enough-but-not-very-much-more-than-that category of offering.

    There are better solutions out there …

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    November 25, 2013 at 8:05 pm in reply to: None more black.

    Yes, good points. I hadn’t actually looked at this clip to see what you’re seeing but that makes sense.

    It could suggest that the PS$ logo is the part that’s been digitised (including its sub black) whereas the rest is/are imported graphic(s).

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    November 25, 2013 at 7:40 pm in reply to: None more black.

    [Jeremy Garchow] “The black on most of the screen is raised. What I thought would be super black is not, it’s just 0 black.”

    See my point above – all graphics come in at zero black rather than proper sub blacks (that is if there were sub blacks to start with).

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    November 25, 2013 at 6:40 pm in reply to: None more black.

    When importing graphic files FCP X doesn’t give you the full dynamic range by default and instead scales it down to fit into 0-100 IRE – unless you stretch it back out.

    Compare these two screenshots of the same grayscale ramp imported as a TIFF from Shake. The first is the import as it comes in, the second is the same thing stretched out using the color board.

    This might explain why the blacks were sat up in this particular case.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    November 22, 2013 at 2:52 pm in reply to: Problem with Particle Trail and Short Motion Path

    [Nikolas Bäurle] “Hey Simon, thanks for the advice. That was the next thing I was going to try, I kind of liked the shape I got with the emitter, let’s see what I can figure out.”

    Try looking at some of the Shape Styles in the library to see how you can use shapes for some pretty amazing effects. There are loads of great ideas buried in there.

    Add your own points and edit them and then use write-on or animate the start/endpoint offsets.

    I can’t recommend this technique enough – it’s one of Motion’s really strong features.

    [Nikolas Bäurle] “By the way, I really had fun with your particle collision tutorial last week. Next week I’ll be doing some lens flares :-)”

    Really glad to hear it, thanks 🙂

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Page 147 of 285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy