Forum Replies Created

Page 146 of 285
  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 19, 2013 at 4:05 pm in reply to: All I wanted for Xmas …

    [Bret Williams] “But as for the features I mentioned, I was simply wondering if they’re in there.”

    As far as I can tell, they’re not.

    The new library system is a vast improvement however.

    And it’s great to see that they didn’t migrate the white balance tools from iMovie despite the confident rumours that this would happen. That alone has made my Xmas 😉

    https://hawaiki.co/autograde.html

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 19, 2013 at 3:58 pm in reply to: All I wanted for Xmas …

    [Gary Huff] “Have you submitted feature requests within the app?”

    Only once every couple of months since the original launch date.

    Do you reckon I need to be a bit more persistent?

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 19, 2013 at 3:42 pm in reply to: All I wanted for Xmas …

    [Bret Williams] “How about flattened multi cam, or the playhead following when you enter a compound clip, or match frame from a multi cam? Any of those made it? Trimmed project management?”

    I know I’m sounding like Scrooge but I didn’t mean this to be a thread about all the things that are still “missing” of which there may be many, few or none depending on your workflow and preferences as an editor.

    I just wanted to point out that for me the lack of gang sync and replace edit (the real kind) are actually impediments of such magnitude that I find it really hard to migrate my work to X with any confidence, knowing that I will almost always absolutely require these functions in the course of a typical job. (The workarounds that I have to resort to are teeth-achingly painful and slow.)

    It’s very frustrating that the lack of these extremely uncomplicated low level features is still preventing me from working in X as often as I would otherwise like.

    So I get very grumpy when I see others jumping up and down in excitement cos Santa’s brought them their favourite new toy.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 19, 2013 at 2:50 pm in reply to: All I wanted for Xmas …

    I love the magnetic timeline, I have seen all the improvements since 10.0 and yes this is a lovely sparkly update covered in festive decorations.

    I just want gang sync and a real grown-up replace edit function – without which it’s very hard to execute the majority of the work I do. In fact, I’m wrestling with the lack of these two functions right this very minute.

    Seasonal goodwill to all, however.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 15, 2013 at 4:25 pm in reply to: Merry Christmas

    [James Ewart] “Pretty dull not being able to go into the middle of an edit and remove a few seconds here and there without going down a generation. And a limit to how often you could do that. Very restrictive way of editing.”

    Yes, film was great in this respect – no generation loss, adjust timings whenever and wherever you wanted.

    Somebody please bring it back 😉

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 15, 2013 at 4:21 pm in reply to: Merry Christmas

    [James Ewart] “You come from online tape?

    I come from Moviola and Steenbeck.”

    I come from Steenbeck too …

    Yes, I am very old.

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 15, 2013 at 3:19 pm in reply to: Merry Christmas

    [James Ewart] “Avid takes a long time to learn because well, it’s not very intuitive is it? The interface is designed to (or at any rate does) make editing look very complicated. It was designed by and for Linear Online editors. it’s all a bit geeky.”

    It’s really strange for me to read comments like this – which are very much the norm, of course.

    I learnt to use Media Composer back when there really weren’t any other viable options, so it doesn’t seem at all “unintuitive” to me and editors of my generation.

    I’m getting old …

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 15, 2013 at 3:16 pm in reply to: Merry Christmas

    [Steve Connor] “Should we explain about the strange British tradition of Pantomime?”

    I doubt they’d get it even if we did explain! I’m not at all sure I understand it myself 😉

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 15, 2013 at 2:23 pm in reply to: Merry Christmas

    [Steve Connor] “Oh yes it is”

    In the spirit of the season, someone just has to say:

    “Oh no, it isn’t!”

    So I will 😉

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

  • Simon Ubsdell

    December 5, 2013 at 2:26 pm in reply to: Text facing Camera?

    [Mark Spencer] “Yes you need to choose an axis but if you choose the default, z, and set the Transition value to 0, the text will always point at the camera – it’s z-axis will point at the camera.”

    Thanks, Mark. Another thing I didn’t know 😉

    Simon Ubsdell
    http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Page 146 of 285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy