Forum Replies Created

Page 2196 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 6:47 am in reply to: FCP Workflow Efficiency

    I have two Dell 24″ monitors. I’d definately take that over one 30″ any day.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Right click or OPT-click on the clip in the bin and select MAKE OFFLINE. Then you have three options on how to delete.

    Render files are deleted by FCP automatically when they are no longer used by FCP…at least in my experience.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 2:34 am in reply to: New LapTop

    Yeah, that is true…Apple’s secrecy about WHAT models might be coming out is a pain. I just come to expect it.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 2:12 am in reply to: New LapTop

    Settle down….take a deep breath…hold it…let it out. Take another…

    Computers get upgraded all the time. You are out dated every 6 months. It is always wise to wait until AFTER macworld expos and NAB before getting anything. Pay attention to the rumors, as most of them have substance.

    I bought my G4 1.25Ghz 1 month before the G5s came out. Was I mad? No…my G4 worked fine…did what I needed it to do. I bought a Dual 2 Ghz G5 6 weeks before the Quads came out…am I mad…no, my computer does what I need it to do, and it does it well. People who bought the Quad G5s…they will be outdated very soon with the Intel G5s when they appear.

    Never try to keep up with the Joneses…you’ll lose every time.

    Does the iMac do what you need it to do?

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 2:08 am in reply to: OT What happened to FCP Rescue?
  • Shane Ross

    January 10, 2006 at 11:05 pm in reply to: Real Media, real problems

    If the makers of the software say it doesn’t work…and it doesn’t work…what can we add?

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 10, 2006 at 9:38 pm in reply to: DVCProHD to a analog HD monitor via 1394

    Route thru your 1200HD deck. That is the ONLY way to view via firewire. All other solutions require either an HD capture card (optimal) or to route a signal from a DVI connection from your graphics card to a DVI>HD/SDI converter box using Digital Cinema Desktop (less than optimal).

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 10, 2006 at 8:02 pm in reply to: New Imac, MacBook Pro from Macworld

    I might. I have a very old iBook 500Mhz G3 that needs replacing.

    But no FW800? Hmmm…PCMCIA adaptor then…for my G-Raids.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 10, 2006 at 6:11 am in reply to: DESPERATE: Out of memory error with IMPENDING DEADLINE!!

    Oh yeah…WAY too little memory…you need at least one more GB, like Mark said.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 10, 2006 at 3:22 am in reply to: high resolution screen shots

    For use inside FCP or outside?

    Inside just adjust the scale. Outside you need to use something like photoshop.

    But you need to know, that the best resolution you can get is 720×480 for DV and 720×486 for SD like Beta or DIgibeta…both at 72dpi. Make the picture any bigger and the resolution suffers.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

Page 2196 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy