Forum Replies Created

Page 2195 of 2285
  • Shane Ross

    January 12, 2006 at 6:11 am in reply to: P2 storage capabilities – GARY ADCOCK!

    Well, as it has been explained to me, you can’t think of the P2 cards as video tapes in terms of “expendibles.” You have to think of them as equipment purchase…and know that your expendible budget now decreases. You can still bill them as expendibles, therefore still pay them off.

    And you don’t stop at 10 min. Once one card fills up, the camera automatically switches to the next card and continues recording. There are two slots, therefore you can get 20 min at a time. A little less than with a tape, which you’d still have to ask your interviewee to hold the thought as you change tapes.

    And the cameras were supposed to ship with 8GB cards, but at the time we got them, they only had the 4 GB available, so they gave us five for each camera. This way you pause long enough to swap out cards while an assistant uploads the info onto hard drives.

    Hard drives are now expendibles.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 12, 2006 at 12:18 am in reply to: P2 storage capabilities – GARY ADCOCK!

    I was messed in the head. I was thinking of the capacity of the 8GB cards and referring that info to the 4Gb cards. Due to the fact that we were expecting to get the 8GB cards so I had that info in my head, but instead of the two 8GB cards, we got five 4GB cards so I attributed the storage capacity to them.

    Me wires got crossed.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 11:53 pm in reply to: Incompatible compression settings FCP5

    #18 Edit to Tape “Incompatible Compression Settings”

    Shane’s Stock Answer #18

    To Edit to Tape you either need to have your sequence loaded in the VIEWER, or simply drag it from the BROWSER onto the Edit to Tape window and choose Assemble Edit or Insert Edit.

    For both methods, the tape needs to be black and coded and have TC already on it. And you need to mark and IN point in the ETT window.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 11:50 pm in reply to: P2 storage capabilities – GARY ADCOCK!

    Thank you.

    And next time I’ll post this in the P2 forum. I didn’t notice there was one, as I pretty much just hang out here.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 11:44 pm in reply to: 20 min of 720p24 onto one 4GB card

    I am that collegue, and I just had a complete brain-fart (can I say fart?).

    Yes, it is the 8GB card that holds 20 min…and that was the card that was supposed to ship with the camera. But they aren’t ready yet so we are getting 4 GB cards instead.

    Man…this is what I get for working until 2AM and getting up at 6AM to get my kids off to school.

    I apologize for my misinformation.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 10:06 pm in reply to: Anyone tested the Dell 30″?

    I e-mailed the guy who runs the barefeats.com website and asked him about this….how many people reported this and how did they prove it was the monitor and not something else causing the skipped frames.

    He e-mailed me back saying he had ONE well documented case, and that it dropped frames on FCP and on several games the user tried to play. When he dropped the resolution to a lower setting and switched to 75hz, the problem went away.

    So this happened to one guy…or maybe a couple, and could easily be a conflict with the monitor and something else…seeing that every other person I have heard from with this monitor has no problems whatsoever.

    It is a rumor that is spreading too darn fast.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 8:27 pm in reply to: output via firewire

    #8 External Monitor Viewing.

    Shane’s Stock Answer #8:

    A simple path is mac > firewire > camera or deck > rca cables > tv

    Then start up your camera and tv, then open fcp.

    Then go View > External video > all frames
    Video playback should be Apple firewire NTSC (If you are using an NTSC set)
    Audio playback should be Audio follows Video

    Techinially, this should send synched video to your TV

    If for some reason you can’t view your timeline on your external monitor, there are a few things to try:

    1) Make sure that the camera/deck is connected and powered on BEFORE you open FCP.

    2) In the Final Cut Pro menu select AUDIO/VIDEO Preferences and make sure your signal is being sent out thru Firewire DV.

    3) Go to the menu and select VIEW>EXTERNAL>ALL FRAMES.

    4) Click in the % box above the image and select FIT TO WINDOW.

    5) Go to VIEW->refresh A/V devices

    6) Make sure the Log & Capture window is closed

    If you want it to play in both the canvas and the external monitor you need to go to the FINAL CUT PRO menu and select AUDIO/VIDIO settings and make sure MIRROR ON DESKTOP is selected under the PLAYBACK OUTPUT section

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • What have you done to narrow it down to the Dell monitors? What makes you sure it is them, and not one of a dozen other reasons? I am just curious to know…

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 5:19 pm in reply to: Anyone tested the Dell 30″?

    I am very dubious of that Dell display drop frame report. NO ONE has reported any such problems on the Apple site, at LAFCPUG nor here. There are quite a few of us with these monitors, and I have not had any drop frame issues…and I have TWO.

    Apple might be feeling the heat, or people who just happen to have the monitors are having issues with dropped frames and are blaming the monitors.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

  • Shane Ross

    January 11, 2006 at 7:21 am in reply to: Latest Quicktime Update or dont?

    Nothing to worry about. Pro keys only change when you go from the main numbers, like 6 to 7 to 8. Don’t need to wrry about the decimals.

    Shane Ross
    Alokut Productions
    http://www.lfhd.net

Page 2195 of 2285

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy