Forum Replies Created

Page 118 of 245
  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 9, 2008 at 9:05 pm in reply to: Logo that wraps around a person..using AE CS3?

    That’s what I get for reading these posts so fast! ;o)

    I thought the effect was not just a simple clean cylinder wrap but a more uneven map/appliqué to the guy’s body/midriff — hence the 3D app or mesh warp suggestion.

    One of these days I’ll actually slow down.

    :o)

    Thanks for popping in, Peter. Nice to see you found this forum.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 9, 2008 at 8:27 pm in reply to: pluginz.com??

    [Jimmy Brunger] “Anyone know if pluginz.com have stopped trading or something?”

    They are gone, in full rigor mortis, kaput, dead, lungs collapsed and no longer breathing. I have no idea why they are allowing the site to remain online as they will not return calls and are not responding to emails, either. a number of COW members have tried to contact them and I have made numerous calls to them, up to their GM and other officers, and no one replies to any of us.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 9, 2008 at 8:21 pm in reply to: compression and final render

    [Chris Wright] “If you want perfect deinterlacing, use algolith“

    Algolith is out of the plug-ins business and no longer sells their tools. Also, their licensing scheme was such that you can’t buy someone’s old license and transfer it to another machine — so buying a used copy is out of the question.

    Algolith was incredible but was also incredibly slow and expensive and the company was pretty lax on customer support, in my experience. I think these factors put the final nail in their coffin.

    Fieldskit is the best at this point.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • [Caleb Armstrong] “I just started a new job and I’m having issues accessing the site from my mac. It takes a very long time to load. Any ideas on how to expedite the process?”

    Are you talking about this site? Or the site at your new job?

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 9, 2008 at 5:35 pm in reply to: DVD vs. internet for demos

    Like Greg Ball, I would prefer not to receive unsolicited demo reels by mail — as then I have to throw them away — and I definitely do not want an unsolicited demo reel and accompanying PDF (or DOC file) sent to me unrequested.

    But that’s me. Your mileage may vary.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 8, 2008 at 3:07 am in reply to: Logo that wraps around a person..using AE CS3?

    This kind of thing is done using 3D applications, not After Effects. You may be able to use mesh warps and a few other tricks — to a point — but I sure wouldn’t want to try and tackle the problem that way.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 8, 2008 at 3:05 am in reply to: how can i create this effect?

    There is more than one Nike link there and each leads to a number of images and ideas. Which image are you interested in, in particular?

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 7, 2008 at 5:43 pm in reply to: Magic Bullet Looks for Vegas

    [Rick Wise] “…any looks it comes up with that I want, I can achieve using Vegas FX plus the 6-color corrector and render out the results more quickly.”

    There is a reason they call you Mister Wise, sir.

    :o)

    I couldn’t agree more.

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 7, 2008 at 4:56 pm in reply to: Is DHTML Dead?

    [Nilson Merced] “Shipped with every version of Microsoft Windowsâ„¢ (beginning with the final beta release of Windows 98), Internet Explorer soon became by far the most popular browser on the web.”

    [Nilson Merced] “Then came the browser wars of the late 1990s which saw intense conflict between Internet Explorer (compared by many to the Galactic Empire in Star Wars) and Netscape Navigator (The Rebel Alliance?) which caused DHTML’s quest for dominance to stall in the face of incompatible cross-browser DOM (Document Object Model) and CSS implementations.”

    Firefox has quietly crept up to become the most popular browser on the Net, displacing Internet Explorer’s dominance. Even Mac users are adding their numbers to the myriad of PC users and are using Firefox instead of Safari.

    Of the 1,209,538 visits that have logged into CreativeCOW.net in the last 30 days, the various browsers are as follows…

    BROWSER 	 	VISITS 	 	PERCENTAGE
    Firefox 	 	510,995 	42.25%
    Internet Explorer 	413,961 	34.22%
    Safari 	 	 	243,646 	20.14%
    Opera 	 		33,354 	 	2.76%
    Mozilla 		3,545 	 	0.29%

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

  • Ron Lindeboom

    July 6, 2008 at 3:01 pm in reply to: ownership of work

    This is a no-win situation. I would, as Bruce Bennett suggested, pack up all of their stuff and deliver it to them with a positive “thank you” for their past business and wish them well. As Bruce attests, they will likely run aground somewhere in the future and if you have ended the relationship amicably, they will likely call you when the ship hits the rocks. Bill them for everything. Don’t discount anything.

    BTW, guys: Peter said that he is from the UK, not from Ireland. Northern Ireland may be a part of the UK but Ireland is a separate and independent republic and the laws of the UK are not the same as the laws of Ireland.

    Personally, I wouldn’t care what the law is, I would end this as it’s clear that the person in charge places little value on your work and part of this is your own fault. You have given away your work in some areas and I will guarantee that when you bill them you do not show all charges at a full non-discounted rate and then add line items that justify a discount while still holding the client to a full value perceptually. It’s one thing to discount but it’s a “whole other beast” to discount without keeping a full tally of the “real” costs of what you do and keeping the client mindful that things really cost far more than you may have done the job for.

    Better still: Quit discounting. Many here will tell you that they actually increased the number of contracted jobs in their business when they quit giving discounts. I know that Tim Wilson, for one, added nearly double the number of clients to his business when he raised his rates substantially.

    For more on this subject, see the search engine for “rates” and “ownership” — as well as check the library for my article entitled “Clients or Grinders.”

    Best regards,

    Ron Lindeboom

    Remember: Burt Bacharach lied. What the world really needs now is an undo button.

Page 118 of 245

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy