Forum Replies Created
-
OK… note to self: explore FIRST, then write.
Sorry, but only most of that last bit is true. Because there IS that exact feature, yes. I just hadn’t used in in a very long time, which is why I had forgotten. Simply choose to show it via the canvas view options (its spacing can be changed via the prefs -> Canvas) and have snapping active as described, and you’ve got yourself your snap-to-grid. 😉
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Motion has dynamic guides. If these are turned on (in the viewer options) along with Snapping (N-key), then objects will snap to the center and the sides, but also to any other object(s) that are in the canvas. So technically there is, yes, only you’d have to make the grid you want it to snap to yourself first.
In many cases objects also won’t snap either way, if not in fact dragged explicitly by their anchor point.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
What version do you have exactly? v4.0.3 is the most recent (for v4).
Ironically, I actually remember having the exact same thing myself once. Unfortunately though, I for the life of me can’t remember what I did to get it back. It’s been a long while. But I believe I remember it being something really stupid and/or convoluted that took me a while to figure out… sorry. 🙁
Have you tried using the “Application Windows” feature of Exposé (found under the Mission Control prefs) to see if it shows the Utility window hidden somewhere? Or hit F1-F4 to open one of the inspector tabs? Unfortunately v4 won’t open on my machine anymore, probably due to OS 10.10, otherwise I’d check.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Personally, I’d have to see the project to understand what it is you’re doing i.e. trying to do and to understand what is in fact going wrong, if anything.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Have you tried the classics, such as deleting the prefs? And is there a particular reason you haven’t upgraded to v5 yet?
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Simple redraw issue imho. Drag the layer’s height larger/smaller (via the line between the layer names) and/or toggle the Show Keyframes button on/off and it should be fine.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
January 20, 2015 at 7:23 pm in reply to: FCPX slows down mac pro and/or crashes OSX during export.Any apps, such as the Adobe ones, that need ACTIVATION will also have a DEACTIVATION or DEAUTHORIZE option. Simply look for it in the (usually Help) menus or search their support.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Craig Alan] “you loose nothing but preferences”
Actually, trashing the app does nothing to the prefs, since those live in the user’s library. If the prefs are your problem, then trashing the app won’t actually do anything. To delete the prefs you need to trash them separately either by hand or by starting FCP X whilst holding down the ⌥ and ⌘ keys.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
Robin S. kurz
January 17, 2015 at 10:26 am in reply to: FCPX slows down mac pro and/or crashes OSX during export.[Andre van Berlo] “I’ve checked a couple of tutorials on how to best do that but none mention how to transfer all the licenses for the software. Or how to disable them in the current install first.”
Do you mean FCP X?? There is no disabling or uninstalling. You just trash it and reload it from the App Store when needed. Whenever and as often as you like.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich! -
[Mark Suszko] “but are you sure this is really burned-in, or just made visible when you transferred the originals? “
Yeah. Seems very odd that no one would have noticed it during the shoot. It’s not exactly inconspicuous. 🙂
I don’t actually see how one could get it out, if in fact burned in. If it were a still, then maybe, but even that would most likely end up pretty ugly. But a running timecode?! I say: no way.
If the 720 crop doesn’t work (whereby I don’t see how that’s any different than scaling the 1080, as far as getting the speakers in), then I’d say you’re only left with finding a creative way of simply covering it with something. Maybe something along the lines of your classic, graphically cropped news screen.
– RK
____________________________________________________
Deutsch? Hier gibt es ein umfassendes FCP X Training für dich!
