Forum Replies Created

Page 1169 of 1230
  • If you mean a CRT monitor, just forget about pixels.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 31, 2007 at 5:09 pm in reply to: Quick Nattress Standards Conv ?

    Rich,
    Compressor can do it fast if you set the Frame Control “off’ or “automatic”, but for a good standard conversion I think you should set it in Custom. And that mean ages waiting for the process to finish. You can do it in Shake too (Timing>Convert) and the result is very good, but Compressor and Shake use the same engine and are the same slow.
    I heard of people converting with MPGStreaclip. It seems do it well.
    Cheers,
    tafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 31, 2007 at 11:21 am in reply to: FInal Cut OMF Export / Import to ProTools Woe

    Right. No way to add handles.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 31, 2007 at 4:42 am in reply to: External drive for backup

    Did you format the HD your self? It is “journaled” the HD? If so you should de-journal it.
    You can test the speed of your HDs. There is an application included with the Blackmagic drivers to do so. You can download it free. I think AJA got a similar one.
    I dont like big disks. I both a LaCie 380Gbs or so two years ago, but after I went back to buy 200Gbs HDs. I noticed than when you make a “Capture now” in the big HD took few seconds to start to recording. With the smallers the recording isimmediate.
    Cheers,
    Rafael

  • I mean the one of the “Film Effects”. Normally I use the “Chroma Sharpen Interlaced”. If you work in NTSC you can use Nicer. Although thinking twice, if you work in NTSC, FC has its own “Chroma Smoothing” filter. You got it in EFFECTS>KEY>Color Smoothing 411. I’ve never tried because is only for NTSC. There is other free plugin that do the work in PAL and in NTSC and is free: TooMuchTooSoon Chroma resample. The only problem is that lets the boton line green, so you must crop it.
    The Colors plugins I think were te former Final Touch plugins developed by Nattress and now working in Color.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 31, 2007 at 1:28 am in reply to: Dealing with Kernal Panics

    I’ve been in the world of “the kernel panic and the frozen screen” for a while. Everithing went alright when I started to use Diskwarrior and Techtools.
    Cheers.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 31, 2007 at 1:24 am in reply to: FInal Cut OMF Export / Import to ProTools Woe

    I’ve never done that, I always exported the OMFs without problem, but you can also to export your audio as .aiff. You will get a bigger file but I think can work.
    In this way each of the channels is exported as an .aiff so you can work with them in Protools or any other application. Go to EXPORT> AUDIO TO AIFFs.
    Cheers
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 30, 2007 at 5:24 pm in reply to: the dumbest thing about final cut..

    Shame on me. That sound like the ABC in FC.
    Thanks Walter. Something new learnt. Now I can go to sleep.
    Cheers.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    May 30, 2007 at 5:00 pm in reply to: the dumbest thing about final cut..

    Ben,
    How you do to see the Viewer in the scope? I just can get the canvas. (FC 5.1.2)
    rafael

  • If I could print to video probably I would finish in 10b Unc to print in Digibeta. For the purpose of a DVD I think 8b Unc is good enough. Even DVCPro 50 could be good because although is compressed, at least is 422.
    About the GOPs (I’m in PAL) I’ve making few tests with “IBP” structure and 6 frames size. They look much better than the long GOPs and they play quite well in all the DVD players that I tried. I was afraid that they would play jumpy in the domestic sets, but not at all.
    To use those short GOPs you need to rise the data-rate (I’ve got it in 7,5Mbps the average bit rate and 8.8 the maximum). So better you compress your audio as AC3.
    Anyway if you use open GOPs (that I think give better quality) you have to be aware of a limitation about the chapter markers. You can not set chapters in those MPG2. You got all the information in the Compressor’s Help.
    heers,
    rafael

Page 1169 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy