Forum Replies Created

Page 1168 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    June 3, 2007 at 3:30 pm in reply to: shake newbie asks, is this workflow correct?

    Hi Sweet Charlotte,
    The truth is that in the source tab they shouldn’t write “deinterlace”. In fact what you do there is just to set the proper field order. If you set deinterlacing here you are not getting a progresive image.Is the same that you get in AE with “Interprete Footage”, just to make understand the application what kind of footage you are importing.
    That is what you get in FC with Nattress or other deintelacer plugin is a progresive image. In Shake you do it with the “Remap”, “Convert” or the “Deinterlacing node”.
    But you don need a progresive picture, so you are doing right. Set the field rder of your footage in the source tab, and the order of the output movie in the Global>Render control.But you should have a look at your system or configuration because you shouldn’t have problems in working with the BASE film, and to play (slow but plays) your movie in the viewer. I’ve got a G5 2x2Gb (three years old already) with 4Gb RAM and works fine with BASE (normally I send to Shake 10b Unc) and can play slowly in the viwer.
    I do not work to often with Shake and I have not a deep knowledge. When I read your first post I opened Shake and Imported an 8b Unc clip, but I couldn’t see the image in the viewer. The thumbnail is transparent. I imported few clips with the same codec, and it happens the same to all of them. Only with the 8b Unc from Apple. The 8b Unc from Sheers play OK, the same than the 10b Unc from Apple and Sheers.
    Well tomorrow I will try to see what happens.
    One more think, if you go to try to pll a key you should apply some “Chroma smoothing” filter in FC before you send to Shake. There are some macros for Chroma smoothing in Shake for DV, but I havent see for HD footage.
    I hope I didn’t mixed you up more.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 3, 2007 at 3:42 am in reply to: shake newbie asks, is this workflow correct?

    Charlott,
    If you are going to Shake only for the de-interlacing, you better buy Nattress, Boris or ReelSmart Fields Kit.
    Shake make very good de-interlacing (the plug-ins that we just quoted too) but your bringing your YCrCB footage to the RGB world and back.Try to avoid that a long as you can.
    If your footage is “Upper” set it in “Upper”. If you are not sure of the field order, in Shake you can check it very easy. In the bottom of your Shake window you got an small box it’s wrote “Inc”. Normalli ther is a “1” in the box. Type “0.5” so whenever you hit the space bar the clip instead of moving one frame, moves one field. I’f you have set the field order wrong you will see in the viewer that there is something wrong. One field advance and the other junp-back. Choose some images with movement so you can detect easier if wrong or right.
    About the proxis I can not helps you. I’ve always worked with the BASE.
    Hope this helps.
    cheers,
    rafael

  • Hi Tim,
    Thinking that if my clients they would be shooting in 8 or 10b Unc but they couldn’t send me those files because they are too big. What format I would ask them?
    Smallers files but not much degradation. And with out complicating the life or my customers as well.
    Well I would ask them DVCPro50. Files are just doble weight than DV, and you keep in 422. Also PCs can export AVID DVCPro50.
    The are other options like PhotoJPEG at 75% that keeps an incredible good quality (and 422) but I think they are not so easy for editing because you’ve got less RT options (Although I’ve never tried to edit PhotoJPEG). With FC6 may work better.
    Any way as I tell you, unless somebody from this forum would give me a different advice, I would go for DVCPro50.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 3, 2007 at 2:48 am in reply to: using compressor to get a file to burn on a DVD

    Dont get scare. If Compressor tells you 19h, think that will take the half of that time. Compressor estimate that the audio will take the same time to compress than the video, but the audio will be compressed very fast. So that 19h will be 9’5 h.
    9’5 hours to make a “Double Pass”, depending of the power of your computer is not that much.
    I’ve never used the Avid compression on the fly. Must be really nice do it like that. Fast, but I think you can not do a “Double Pass” in such a way. For the “Double pass” de movie has to be analized first and them compressed.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 2, 2007 at 12:17 pm in reply to: AC3 to Videotape via SDI?

    Hi JP,
    About the audio formats supported by FC the Help quote AIFF, WAVE, Sound Designer II and single or multy-track QT movies. If you convert your AC3 to one of those formats, you can bring tem to FC with out any degradation.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 2, 2007 at 10:56 am in reply to: weird problem

    As David says you should have a look to your set-ups. I’m working now with a five years old Ti-Book 667Mhz (with FC 5.1.2). I’ve got two layers cropped and with the CC-3w on top and I’ve got RT preview. I wish I would have a MacBook pro:-)
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 2, 2007 at 3:51 am in reply to: FCP rendering white as purple

    Everybody in this forum know that there are problems with the 10b Unc, but I always heard of small shift in the picture.
    But let me ask you one question, why to capture DVCPro 50 as 10b Unc? Appart of getting three fold bigger files, I don’t think you will get any bennefit.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 2, 2007 at 3:45 am in reply to: Entire Tape Capture

    You can. You’ve got all the information in the manual about clips, master-clips, sub-clips…
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 2, 2007 at 3:26 am in reply to: using compressor to get a file to burn on a DVD

    Hi,
    From Compressor you will get two files, an .m2v file thas is the video MPG2 and an audio file that will be .aiff or .AC3. Those files you only have to drag to the DVDSTP time line. You shouldn’t have any problen with the sync.
    But you want to make a SD DVD from a HD movie. I don’t know if you better downgrade your HD film to SD before the compresion, or if you should do it all in one step. My experience is limited to SD PAL and NTSC DVDs from PAL and NTSC files.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    June 1, 2007 at 10:34 am in reply to: weird problem

    Hi curraheee,
    Click in your canvas and them hit the “w” key one or twice. You may have the canvas in ‘wireframe’ mode and don’t see the image.
    About the preview, you can have RT even if you have applied filters, resized, animated your clip or even set some text on top. But that depends on the computer you’ve got and how you have configured the RT options in FC.
    Cheers,
    rafael

Page 1168 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy