Rafael Amador
Forum Replies Created
-
Rafael Amador
July 30, 2007 at 7:11 am in reply to: should i export 8-bit uncompressed from a DV project?Hi cegelfand,
Without seen your films, yours set-ups and how your monitoring it, is difficult to know where is the problem, but objectively a DV clip treated in a 8/10b Unc time-line can look much better than the same in his DV time-line.
I shoot DVCam them I cut in a DV time-line. When I got my movie eddited, first I drop the Nattress “Chroma Sharpen” plugin. Then I color correct. The result is that sometimes I can not belive that those images come from my very camera. I always work with an external interlaced monitor (now a good JVC, before a cheap Sony TV).
Try it because is really worth even if you end-up in a DVD.
Cheers,
rafael -
Copy and paste should work fine. I did it last week. I’m running a G5 Dual 2Gbs with FCP 5.1.2
What I would do if I would be in your place?
1) First, Repair Disk Permissions.
If the problem do not disapear them:
2) Run Diskwarrior or Techtools to clean your directories. This I do it at least once every two or three weeks even if the computer works perfect. In fact this is why the computer run perfect, because I do not wait to have problems for running those programs.
If the problem do not disapear them:
3) Reinstal FC or at least the last up-date. After any instalation ALWAYS REPAIR DISK PERMISSIONS.
4) And the last option if those before doesn’t work, trash FCP prefferences.
Think that at least a 75% of the problems when working with FC they arise for problems in the system and not in the very application.
I hope this can helps you.
cheers,
rafael -
This link was posted few days before for Chris Poisson. It may helps you:
https://www.videotoolshed.com/?page=products
Its free.
Rafael -
[Graeme Nattress] “but for that I tend to go in and denoise and other stuff as well, which can help.”
Which other stuuf Graeme? Cam on, give us your secret:-)
WTW are worth those pluins mentioned by John or the InstantHD of MagicBullet?
Cheers,
Rafael -
Hi Steve,
To what kind of footage did you applied it? I tried once in Shake with DV footage and the results were a bit desapointing.
Cheers,
Rafae; -
Rafael Amador
July 29, 2007 at 12:47 pm in reply to: Plans for FCP2 Suite Use Cancelled Pending Software FixesThis that happens also with FCP 5.x.x No too often, but now and them when re-opening a project with a full sequence rendered to find the red line in two or three clips. But never to be a annoying issue.
Rafael -
The quetion of sdlawson was very clear:
Do I need to worry about buzzing from illegal broadcast levels if people watch the DVD on a CRT TV?
The answer is: NO. In the Video-out of a DVD player you will never find an ilegal signal.
Off-course if hi cares about how his film will looks, hi should care about the signal levels before the MPG2 compression.
Rafael -
msacc
This is only to give a small movie that serves as a picture refference for the audio-ingeneer. Appart of this movie the audio-man needs all the original audio of the film (OMF or so) to produce the final mix. A friend of mine helps me some times with the audio and what i provide him is that: an OMF of the sequence, and a very small QT movie. Hi insist in the small size so his PC don’t loose resources playing the file.
Cheers,
rafael -
That is an easy method. Reduce the high of the picture to the 75% and will get 16×9. Although you will lose definition because you end-up with less pixels.
Rafael -
Stu, old machines can have problem to cope with a high data-rate, but your set-up is OK. I see that the to-day domestic players can easily read files that they couldn’t two or three years ago. This why now I’m making Short GOPs DVDs. They need a higher data-rate but the improvement in the picture is noticiable. A couple of years ago the most of the players they read junpy those DVDs.
As I told you can be a problem with the media. Even if is Sony. II’ve read in this forum people complaining about the Sony, Verbatim, Mitsubishi..
Think as well that if you make printed DVDs (not copy in the computer bu printed from a cristal-master) those they have less problems to be read in any machine. In fact they support even higher data-rate. Just make a test with some of the PCs that find difficult to read your DVDs. Copy the VIDEO_TS folder in the HD of the PC and try to read it from there.
Cheers,
rafael