Rafael Amador
Forum Replies Created
-
Your right Oliver, FC is not the best tool to do that. If you got Shake you can do it all at once, with the CONVERT option. Even the 30 to 24 fps coversion.
But with the info provided by Atari Norris the only I can suggest him for sure is to de-interlace. For the re-sizeing and change of time-base there are other tools: HDinstant, Nattress Standard Conversion.. -
That’s the way Dane. If you can keep it letter-boxed, the best for the quality of your picture. Just drop your HD sequence in top of a 8/10b Uncompressed 4×3.
rafael -
I think you just have to de-interlace your SD footage to put toguether with the HD progresive footage in a progresive tine-line.
Rafael -
Your right Tom, The web-site of Marcos Solorio is a must-download to the HD. If would be nice to have it up-dated because there are many new things.
I’m also a fan of Sheer. I use it instead of the Apple codecs, and if you need an Alpha channel in an 8/10b Unc I think is the only posibility.
Cheers,
Rafael -
If you want that when you export a 16×9 movie will be displaied as 16×9, in Compressor in the Geometry tab of the Inspector you must check “Constrain to display aspect: 16×9”. But this is in QT. If as Chris says Youtube do not display 16×9, the only way is the one that hi points.
Rafael -
Hi Stu,
DVDs are the same for Macs and PCs. If your DVD is playing well in some machines (Computers or DVD players) I can think only of two reasons:
– The media (disks) you are using. It seems that some brands give more problems.
– You may be setting a too hight bit-rate in your MPG2 and some machines can not read them properly.
How long is your program and what bit-rate has you choosen? How are you compressing your MPGs? With DVDSTP? With Compressor?
The fact that you are using Blackmagic codec it shouldn’t affect at all to the quality of your DVDs. Although you should use that codec only if you are ex-changing footage with PC users. If you are only working inside Mac you better use the Apple 8b uncomressed.
Cheers,
rafael -
Hi Rozanne,
A very easy formula is with one of the “Web download” prests in Compressor. For example MPG4 40Kbs. This will produce a movie with a very little picture and only 8 frames per second, but this is enough as a refference for your sound-producer.
Just set the in the Audio tab 44.1Khz Stero if you want a better sound. I used this small films for the same purpose that you need. You only need to know if your producer got QT 6 or QT7 to choose the preset.
Off-course a 3 hours film won’t be e-mailable even with such a small size.
Raafel -
As mpe says you can download for free the BM codecs that are PC-Mac compatible. Also the sujestion of BitJazz is OK. But if you don’t want to transcode, you can export DVCPro50 AVI files that works in PC’s. Just export QT as AVI and look in the options.
Cheers,
Rafael -
Peter,
With such a panorama I think is time to wait.
Rafael -
Hi Nicolle,
No, I’m not Raph from Maine. I’m from Spain and living in Laos.
Once you capture the footage the only problem that you will have in FC is that the audio have to be rendered because FC can not work with 12b audio. The video don’t need to be rendered as long as the time-line setting match the video format.
Cheers,
Rafael