Peter Mcauley
Forum Replies Created
-
HI,
Here’s how to make the letters spin on or off with Graffiti:
• create a text element
• click on the triangle at the left of the text track in the timeline window to reveal the sub-tracks
• click on the face sub-track
• in the controls window, go to the type-on tab
• set the spin parameter value to 90 degrees
• keyframe the text type-on parameter value to make the letters spin on their own axis and disappear over time, one by oneCheers,
Peter.
-
And I almost forgot to mention that if you click on the Backdrop sub-track in the timeline then you can change the shape of the backdrop graphic from the default rectangle to one of several included pre-made shapes, such as a star or an arrow.
Cheers,
Peter.
-
Hi K,
To change the size of the text backdrop, first you must reveal the text track sub-tracks by clicking on the triangle at the far left of the track. Then click on the “Face” sub-track that appears in the timeline window. Then, in the controls window, scroll to the backdrop tab by clicking on the arrow at the top left of the controls window. Click on the backdrop tab to access the controls and then use the scale x and y parameter controls to adjust the size of the backdrop or use the shift x and y parameter controls to reposition the backdrop.
There is a Help menu available right from within the application – just click on Help and select one of the options.
Cheers,
Peter.
-
Hi Ian,
Nice to see that you are pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with Boris RED. It’s a very powerful program and in the right hands, and with the right knowledge, it can be used to generate amazing results.
I’m sure I can figure this out for you so that you can generate the effect that you have in mind. Please send me the project (zipped) and I’ll rework it for you. You can send that to me at peterm@borisfx.com. If it’s over a couple of megs in size then you should send it to me via the yousendit.com free ftp service or upload it to your FTP and I’ll pull it down from there. Again, make sure that you zip anything that you want to send so that all of the pieces make it through.
Cheers,
Peter.
-
Peter Mcauley
December 17, 2008 at 2:52 pm in reply to: Vegas 8 and Red 4.1 “timeline cursor must be placed over…” ErrorHi Carl,
If I knew the answer to this riddle then I’d offer that in this forum however I don’t quite know what is going on so … I’m suggesting that you send an email into our tech support dept – you can reach them at support@borisfx.com.
Cheers,
Peter.
-
Hi John,
Thanks for your patience with us on this. Hopefully the situation will be resolved in short order.
Cheers,
Peter.
-
Hi John,
I’ll ask engineering again to look into this issue but in all fairness they are super busy at the moment, which is perhaps why they did not respond with a solution to the problem.
The correct protocol for getting product support is to send an email to support@borisfx.com, which you say that you did and received no response. I suspect that your email may not have made it through to their in-box as our support team is usually quick to respond to any issue.
So you asked the question “Is RED a 64 bit application?” The answer is no, RED is a 32 bit application but it should work in a 64 bit OS such as Vista. We have verified that in our labs. Will RED become a 64 bit application? Absolutely, this is in the plans but as to when I cannot say.
Cheers,
Peter.
-
Hi Ian,
I’ve looked further into the issue that you initially reported and from what I can see there might be an issue with the use of upstream spline masks in RED when used in media that is larger than the project dimensions. When the project and the media used are the of the same size everything appears to be operating as expected, however when I use an HD clip in an SD project I can see that downstream masks used on tracks that have been nested inside of 3D containers do not appear as expected.
I’ll make engineering aware of the issue and I’m sure this will be fixed with a future update. Meanwhile, I like to suggest the workaround of using an RGBA raster image file instead of the live vector file for the mask and you should be good to go.
Cheers,
Peter.
-
HI Lou,
I’d like to be able to offer you some advice on how you can get this to work again but I’m at a loss as to what has caused Title 3D to stop working for you. The best advice that I can offer is that you contact one of our staff members in the support department and see if they can help. You can reach them by sending an email to support@borisfx.com.
Cheers,
Peter.
-
Hi,
Yes, I have noticed that limitation also but you may be able to work past it by either setting the container to use the 2D renderer or by using a precomp instead of a Container to perform the required shape nesting.
I hope this helps.
Peter.