Forum Replies Created

Page 102 of 186
  • Peter Mcauley

    February 18, 2009 at 2:03 pm in reply to: Disappearing red

    Hi Jim,

    If you send us a copy of the project we’ll take a look at it to see if we can understand what is going on.

    If you send the project to me at peterm@borisfx.com I’ll forward it on to one of the Vegas experts here to see if they understand the problem and can offer a solution.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 18, 2009 at 2:00 pm in reply to: How To Install BCC-AVX 4.2

    Hi,

    I strongly suggest that you contact someone from our technical support team who can assist you in solving the mystery surrounding the missing plug-ins on your system. You should get in touch with them via email at support@borisfx.com.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 17, 2009 at 9:16 pm in reply to: Alpha channel problem with PSD file Boris FX/Vegas 8

    Vegas will not pass us alpha when applied as a Filter. You will need to bring the alpha file straight into FX UI. So,

    1) apply FX as a Filter to a video clip and then launch us and layer on V2 the alpha file by bringing it straight in FX UI etc

    or

    2) apply FX as a Filter in Vegas to an Empty Event on V2 and then launch us and bring in the file with alpha in FX UI etc

    or

    3) apply FX as a Generator (instead of applying it as a Filter to an Empty Event on V2) on V2 in Vegas and then launch FX UI and bring in the alpha file straight in there etc

    note: this is a Static Generator with 1 frame duration so you won’t be able to animate. If you want to animate then you need to follow steps in 1 or 2

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 17, 2009 at 6:36 pm in reply to: Background video opacity not rendering

    Hi Mark,

    I just rendered the effect in Final Cut and it looked fine … can you please send me your host/platform info?

    Thanks,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 17, 2009 at 6:13 pm in reply to: Background video opacity not rendering

    Hi Mark,

    I received the project from you but I forgot to ask you what host you are using RED in when you see this problem. Also, what operating system are you running this on? So I would like to know:

    • Host name and version
    • OS type and version

    Thanks,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 17, 2009 at 6:02 pm in reply to: BCC Extruded Text disappears in the distance

    Hi,

    If you send us the project we’ll take a look to see if we can understand what is happening to cause the text to disappear like that.

    Please send the AE project to peterm@borisfx.com

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 17, 2009 at 6:00 pm in reply to: Will Boris FX 8 work with FCP 6

    I highly doubt it – Boris FX 8.x is not set up to run on a system with FCP 6. You need Boris FX 9.1+ for that.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 17, 2009 at 5:42 pm in reply to: Pinnacle Studio 12 Preview of Boris Effects

    Hi Craig,

    I’m assuming that there must be something missing from the product installation as we have not had any other reports of this problem before now. I suggest that you get in touch with our support department – one of the support technicians can aid you in getting the program to behave as expected.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 17, 2009 at 5:37 pm in reply to: tutorials

    Hi K,

    I’ll keep this in mind and see if we can create some sort of overview to the different keyers at some stage soon. I think many would benefit from this info – thanks for mentioning it.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 17, 2009 at 5:14 pm in reply to: Background video opacity not rendering

    Hi Mark,

    It might be something simple that is causing this to happen. If you would like to send me the RED project file I’ll gladly take a look at it to see if I can figure out a solution. You can send the file to me via email at peterm@borisfx.com.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

Page 102 of 186

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy