Forum Replies Created

Page 103 of 186
  • Peter Mcauley

    February 13, 2009 at 8:28 pm in reply to: BCC3 Filters in FCP 5

    Hi Tom,

    The BCC 3 filters are not certified to run within the FCP 5 environment – you should probably upgrade to BCC 6.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 12, 2009 at 2:42 pm in reply to: BCC Deinterlace in Premiere

    Hi,

    I think the best advice that I can offer is to experiment with a few different settings and see which setting generates the desired result.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 12, 2009 at 2:23 pm in reply to: crop a corner

    Hi K,

    You should be able to drop the gate image into the mask track to generate transparency.

    If you like, you can send me the RED project via yousendit ftp and I’ll set it up and send it back to you. You can send that to me at peterm@borisfx.com. And just a frame or two of the media would be enough to set the project up for you.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 10, 2009 at 7:44 pm in reply to: RED 4.3.1 unresponsive / strange window behavior

    Hi Dennis,

    I was just checking back to see if this issue was resolved but from your most recent post it looks as though you are still waiting for a response from support. They are typically really good about returning messages left on the phone or on email so I have to assume that somehow the message did not make it through to them. Perhaps it was filtered by our spam software, which can sometimes inadvertently mark something as spam.

    So, back to the issue. Have you tried repairing permissions on your system? I’d try that first. If you’ve already done that then it’s possible that there is a problem with the download. If that’s the case then you’ll need to re-download the file and reinstall. If neither of these options resolve the issue then we need help from support. I’ll check back with them to see if they got the message and have them get in touch with you either way.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    February 10, 2009 at 3:50 pm in reply to: accumulating snow on 3d text with AE Continuum 5 or 6

    Hi,

    To have the BCC Snow accumulate you’ll need a surface on which the snow can stick to, which in this case is the 3D Text. You don’t necessarily need to apply the filter to this layer but it has to exist in the comp. Pre-comp the 3D Text layer to ensure that it passes alpha information to the BCC Snow filter.

    So … once you have an instance of the BCC Snow filter in the comp, twirl down the BCC Snow Interaction group. Then select the precomped 3D Text layer in the Stick to Layer pop-up in the filter and select the appropriate channel (alpha is elected by default). That’s all it takes to achieve this effect.

    Hope this helps.

    Peter.

  • Hi,

    I would suggest that you send a quick message into our support department – one of the techs there can assist you with this issue. You can reach them at support@borisfx.com.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    January 30, 2009 at 2:15 pm in reply to: PR and RED OpenGL Filters issue

    Hi Enzo,

    I’m not having any problems at all using RED 4.3.1 in After Effects or Premiere Pro on my systems, and I use both Windows and Mac. Perhaps there is something with your system configuration that is causing the problems that you are seeing. I don’t know. What I can offer is that if you get in touch with our support department that someone from the group will do their best to solve the mystery.

    You can get in touch with the support department by sending them an email at support@borisfx.com.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    January 29, 2009 at 2:33 pm in reply to: PR and RED OpenGL Filters issue

    Hi Enzo,

    There are a few issues that you bring to the table which I will try to explain as best as I can.

    • RED 4.3 and BCC OpenGL filters

    RED 4.3 is unable to use the OpenGL filters that are in BCC. The fact that the entire OpenGL category of filters is missing from RED is intentional. That is something that we hope to resolve with a future update of RED.

    • Premiere Pro and BCC OpenGL filters

    Premiere Pro is unable to support BCC OpenGL filters. This is why Premiere hangs when you apply one of the BCC OpenGL filters to a clip in that host.

    • Proposed workaround

    After Effects supports both RED and BCC and I suggest that for any of your effects work which requires use one of the OpenGL filter effects, that you perform this task within the After Effects host environment. Then pass the filtered clip over to Premiere Pro for editing into a timeline.

    I hope this helps explain the phenomenon you are seeing and provides you with a reasonable workflow solution to the problem.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    January 28, 2009 at 2:01 pm in reply to: AE plugs in RED

    Hi Michael,

    I’m glad that helped. Yes, definitely use an alias to bring the filter from AE into RED – that should work just fine. And I should also mention that if the filter that you need is not on this list then just give it a shot anyway – it can’t hurt to try.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

  • Peter Mcauley

    January 28, 2009 at 1:37 pm in reply to: AE plugs in RED

    Hi Michael,

    RED 4 can be installed into After Effects – just select the AE host target in the RED installer window, the work of placing all of the necessary files into the right place on your system is taken care of automatically.

    None of the native filters that are in AE can be used in anything but AE, including RED, however Boris RED comes with about 200 filter effects of it’s own. RED can also use many 3rd party AE filter, whether RED is being used as a plug-in to AE or used in standalone mode. The listing of the compatible 3rd party plug-ins can be viewed here: https://www.borisfx.com/products/supported_filters.php

    There are many free tutorials available on the BorisFX web site, which you may access by going to http://www.borisfx.com.

    Cheers,

    Peter.

Page 103 of 186

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy