Mike Velte
Forum Replies Created
-
Apply the Fast Color Corrector to the clip in the timeline. Click on the White Balance eye dropper and then click the eye dropper on the snow. You may need to undo and retry this a few times to get the best results.
-
Mike Velte
December 9, 2006 at 12:02 pm in reply to: Slowing a clip’s speed makes it skip – how to fix?Try exactly 50% or 75%. Also render preview files to preview.
-
Dazzle wont work…you need an Analog/Digital converter or DV camcorder. The least expensive A/d converter might be ADS Pyro A/V link…about $120 at B and H Photo Video.
-
If you captured 60 fps and export at 25 fps wont your finished video play at less than half of real time??
1280 x 1024 = 1.3 million pixels X 24 bits per pixel = 31 million bits or 4 megabytes per frame or 240 Megabytes per second or just over 1 TERABYTE for uncompressed…DISK FULL.
I dont think Premiere will export Divx or Xvid even with the compressor installed on your system, but even if it did, the file size would exceed the codec limit of 4 GB (non Open DML codecs)….DISK FULL.Even if it did, I dont think your computer could decompress the Xvid or Divx codec smoothly.
-
Is it out of sync by the same amount at the beginning and at the end you may be ok, you can select (alt click) the audio only and nudge (alt+, or.) it a few frames.
If the audio drifts further and further out (dropped frames or Mpeg sources) you may not be ok. -
To be on the safe side, 6 mBps is just a bit high for average for 75 minutes using Premiere which does not export Dolby audio. I would use 5700 kbps average for video.
I have a bitrate chart on my web,
http://www.video2stream.com -
Premiere is pretty lame when it comes to picture slide shows compared to apps that specialize in that. How many clicks of the mouse is needed to do a pan/scan on a 8 megapixel pic? Too many!
How many 8 MP pics does it take to bring Premiere and 2 GB of ram down? Too few!
Not being able to select a group of pics in the timeline and adjust duration of those pics or their transitions and no random transition setting make Premiere a non starter for picture transfers.
AE is needed for animated text.
I use ProShow Producer and could not live without it. -
How can you open a Premiere 1.5 project in AE? I though the Dynamic link feature started in 2.0.??
What are your render and output module settings from AE? Microsoft DV AVI or Micorosft AVI? Both work fine, but Premiere’s real time preview will be poor with uncomopressed untill preview files are rendered.
-
Your assesment of the problem may not be too far off. I have seen reasonably short projects with a project file in excess of 50 MB which can cause Premiere to crash.
I would try 2 things;
1. Delete Audio preview files and Media Cache (Edit> Preferences> Scratch Disks).
2. Failing that, import the corrupt project into a new project. -
I have seen several systems that the DV preview output shows the text way off center, but fiddling with playback returns the preview to normal. DVD output has been fine.