Forum Replies Created

Page 714 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    December 29, 2007 at 9:36 pm in reply to: Inexplicable dropouts on TIMELINE only?

    I’ve been on holidays the last few days so I hope I’m not too late on this.
    Upgrading to Vegas 8 Pro won’t affect any files currently on your system.
    I do have to add one caution though and that is, if you do upgrade, to immediately save any critical project(s) under a new filename after opening them in the newer version..
    For example, if the Vegas 7 file is MyMovie.veg, save the new one as MyMovie-V8.veg.
    You may also want to consider creating a new folder (call it Vegas 8 Vegs), copy the Vegas 7 vegs to it, open and re-save them under the new name.

  • Mike Kujbida

    December 29, 2007 at 9:24 pm in reply to: Question For Mike… DJ power cuts one or two?

    Sorry Wayne but, after I got Power Cuts, things got very busy at work and I didn’t have much of a chance to even look at them closely.
    Hopefully things will slow down in the new year and I can spend more time with them.

  • Mike Kujbida

    December 26, 2007 at 3:47 am in reply to: Inexplicable dropouts on TIMELINE only?

    Out of curiosity, are you using HDV footage with Vegas 7?
    If so, this is a well known problem with NO guaranteed solution other than to upgrade to Vegas 8 Pro.
    Do a search on the Sony Vegas forums using black frames as the search string.
    Unfortunately you’ll get several hits 🙁

  • Mike Kujbida

    December 25, 2007 at 4:54 pm in reply to: how to create simple basic titles for vid

    Vegas Movie Studio 8 or Vegas Pro 8?
    Either way, the manual is generally a good place to start.
    There’s also Edward Troxel’s free newsletters.
    Vol. 2 Issue #1 deals with the basics of the Text tool.

  • Mike Kujbida

    December 24, 2007 at 10:07 pm in reply to: how to create simple basic titles for vid

    Was this a Heroglyph title?
    If so, try re-installing the program.

  • Mike Kujbida

    December 24, 2007 at 6:23 pm in reply to: how to create simple basic titles for vid

    If your video clip is on track 1, insert a new video track and put the title on that one.

  • Mike Kujbida

    December 23, 2007 at 6:50 pm in reply to: Text on colored gradient stripe in Pro Titler

    Assuming you’re talking about one of the color gradient presets in Vegas, all you need to do is to change the “Aspect Ratio Angle” to 0

  • Mike Kujbida

    December 23, 2007 at 6:46 pm in reply to: Capping Overall Audio Level

    Dale, with the help of a co-worker (an audio guru), I generally use the Wave Hammer plug-in to do what you’re asking about.
    Don’t ask me about settings though as he usually flies through it and says “here ya go”.
    Hopefully some other audio expert (DSE or Rick) can comment on this.

  • Mike Kujbida

    December 23, 2007 at 3:46 pm in reply to: Capping Overall Audio Level

    My misunderstanding Dale.
    When you said “cap my overall audio level to -6”, I thought you meant limit (i.e. lower) it.
    You want to normalize it so I think Sound Forge (or equivalent) would be your best bet for this.

  • Mike Kujbida

    December 23, 2007 at 3:00 pm in reply to: Capping Overall Audio Level

    Dale, the master output level is the faders on the Mixer tab (View – Mixer if it’s not currently displayed).
    Lower these to -6 (readout is at the bottom of the faders) and you’ll get what you want.

Page 714 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy