Forum Replies Created

Page 276 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    March 26, 2009 at 9:48 pm in reply to: Firestore with HDX900

    [Daniel Andreas] “I have rented it once before and there was some issues getting all the settings right betwen the 1394 Settings on the HDX and the settings on the Firestore. “
    There are not issues, there are RIGHT and WRONG/INCOMPATIBLE settings. You have to learn what works. Instructions have to be followed

    [Daniel Andreas] “I also heard from some operators that the device is temperamental — any insight is much appreciated as I am about to purchase this beast. “
    I, for one, will only use the FS-100 with locked down cameras. This is a spinning HD so I don’t trust it for run and gun shooting, others may.

    Learn the device inside and out and it should do fine for you. My 100GB FS-100 is harding being used now that larger cards are out. But for long concerts on a tripod it is price new to work with.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 26, 2009 at 9:36 pm in reply to: uploading .264 file to final cut

    You don’t, you need to use Compressor and convert it to an editing Codec.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 26, 2009 at 9:35 pm in reply to: Help me with widescreen mattes in FCP?

    I.85:1 is pretty much 16:9. I would edit this on a HD timeline or if doing SD use an anamorphic timeline. Then if you are going to DVD (didn’t say how you are delivering this) you encode it as 16:9 and the DVD player will letterbox for 4:3 and display full widescreen on 16:9.

    How are you telecining the 16mm?

  • For people that cannot make anything with loops (garageband and such) this is a great piece of software. I have v4.5 and was glad to see it is a free upgrade to 5.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 26, 2009 at 4:09 pm in reply to: HDV to dv

    I would not make it letterbox, made the DV anamorphic, which will keep it 16:9, if you want to letterbox that you can always to that after the fact.

  • When you rip the hi-res versions, name them the same as the old movies but all to a new folder. Close the FCP project. Rename the folder that the low res movie are in. Duplicate the project file. Open the Duplicated project file (Rename Hi-res or something) it will tell you that media is offline, click Reconnect and go to the folder with the hi-res movies in them. Point to the first one and then it will link all the movies that are in that folder.

    Probably will need to reset the sequence to match your new files. Only thing that cannot be reset would be the frame rate but hopefully that is the same.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 25, 2009 at 8:02 pm in reply to: HD DVD in Toast 10

    HD DVD is a dead format. The only program that I think can do HD DVDs is DVDSP.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 25, 2009 at 4:49 pm in reply to: Realtime keyer

    Kona 3 does not have keying capabilities. It can place a down stream graphic in real time.

    There are things companies make for News rooms and the like, they are all over at NAB, I never really look at them. Try Tristar, the old Video Toast people that is their game.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 25, 2009 at 5:22 am in reply to: Shooting Sunsets & Sun Rises

    The problem I have with shooting sunrises is they come so early in the day. With sunsets I don’t seem to have the same problem.

  • Michael Sacci

    March 25, 2009 at 5:17 am in reply to: Need help with the component output…

    What is the External video out set to in FCP, it has to match your sequence?

Page 276 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy