Forum Replies Created

Page 252 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    June 11, 2009 at 10:22 pm in reply to: DVDSP Double-Stop Button Resume Madness!

    Have you tried the disc in another player. I have to admit that I have never even tried to test what happens with this. I know that some players act differently but I would think if it was not going to play the first play it would only be able to play the VTS 1 video.

    do you have any scripting going on?

  • Michael Sacci

    June 11, 2009 at 10:14 pm in reply to: Newby DVCPRO50 footage issues

    There is no need for A in PAL land because there is no pulldown needed. 24pA is not only progressive but needs extra frames add to the tape since it is always 29.97. The A pulldown scheme can be removed cleaner on ingest for true 23.98 editing.

    Nick a couple of questions, how are you viewing this footage, external TV or Canvas? Why are you needed to render the footage, are you adding effects? When you just drop the footage in does it need to be rendered?

    If your main delivery is the web you SHOULD be shooting progressive. Progressive goes to interlaced a whole lot better then interlaced goes to progressive. I don’t work in PAL but it should be cleaner than NTSC since a lot of time we are also dealing with the above mentioned pull down.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 11, 2009 at 10:02 pm in reply to: HVX capture problems

    [Stef Allan] “Worse still: if I try to daisy chain the camera through an external hard drive the computer ceases to recognize the hard drive and I get a device removal warning. “
    This should never be done, some people can get it to work but it is not recommended.

    Is the camera in TAPE mode and VCR Mode?

  • Michael Sacci

    June 11, 2009 at 7:59 pm in reply to: question about this macbook pro w FCP2

    I’m pretty sure that link goes to the new MBP w/out the express34. IMO without the express34 slot it is not a Pro laptop. You need a 2nd I/O bus for decks or faster drives.

    But the older systems will run software and OS just fine.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 11, 2009 at 5:12 am in reply to: Newby DVCPRO50 footage issues

    None=Progressive, so if you shot it as 25P the sequence setting should be none.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 11, 2009 at 3:25 am in reply to: Newby DVCPRO50 footage issues

    What frame rate did you shoot, 60i, 30p, 24p or 24pA?

    What frame rate is your sequence? 29.97 or 23.98? what field dominance is it set to?

  • Michael Sacci

    June 11, 2009 at 3:13 am in reply to: Minor question re: viewer

    The playhead is positioned where it was the last time it was opened. Which if you are setting ins and outs you are leaving it on the out, but if you change the position to the in or any place within the clip that is were it will be when it is opened again. So it does the same thing in the bin as it does in the timeline.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 11, 2009 at 1:03 am in reply to: for delivery on the web

    The first post said they accept HD “when available” doesn’t seem to me that they are asking for footage to be up-rez’d.

  • Michael Sacci

    June 10, 2009 at 10:48 pm in reply to: DVDSP Double-Stop Button Resume Madness!

    I would try making the 2 sec of black the first play also. I always set a video asset to be the first play. If it really is a menu that I want to be the first thing that the viewer deals with I make a 1-2 second of black to set the player and then jump to the menu. The view will never notice that the menu is not the first play. This a thing that helps with playback compatibility and it may fix your problem also.

  • the 17″ did get refreshed and they left it in, Phil even mentioned that there was high end users (audio) that needed the express slot. Without a way to add the extra FW/eSata channel the 15″ MBP really become not so Pro laptops IMO. I think it would have made more sense to put an eSata port in the 15″ over a SD port, you can buy a $20 USB SD card reader, no big deal to have it built in. Huge deal to not have a 2nd I/O channel. But once again Apple did not check with me before releasing the new 15″

Page 252 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy