Forum Replies Created

Page 155 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    May 15, 2010 at 5:02 pm in reply to: Restored files lack .mov extension

    I don’t use it but there is app called Automator (part of the OS software) that can record and playback most task. I don’t know how to get it to look into a folder and run the add.mov to all the files but it might be worth taking a chance.

    In the end adding the .mov can do pretty fast just by doing it with keyboard shortcuts.

    Select the file, hit return, down arrow, type or paste .mov, return again, use .mov
    down arrow to select the next file and repeat.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 15, 2010 at 1:51 pm in reply to: 5D 24p and Zoom audio drifting in Final Cut Pro

    You should almost never be using 24p for video, the camera is shooting 23.98.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 15, 2010 at 1:38 pm in reply to: FCP logging 5D MKII footage to prores

    #2) I would never do this, drives are so cheap, just convert to the ProRes you need for final output. It is not like going from Proxy to Uncompressed. IMO

    #1) Using Log and Transfer adds TC from the meta data, uses time of day. You are able to set In and Outs to trim media as well as adding logging notes. But using Compressor should not add time to the conversion, it is just not so automated. It is not the folders that is the issue, L&T need the info file that is written along side each movie file.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 15, 2010 at 1:24 pm in reply to: kona stuttering

    What are all your settings, Clip, sequence, Kona.

    What do you have the RT set to.

  • Well, that camera is going more expensive than several other P2 camera. Also long gop encoding is something that Panasonic has preached against in most of their marketing, I would understand going to avccam on cameras under 3K but not something that is trying to bring the large sensor to pro video. If I get this camera I would factor in something like the AJA Ki or another recording device to bypass the compression and 4:2:0 color space.

    I’m also not saying I want to P2 for free, would pay the extra to get it in there. But the speed of the small media is coming close to the speed of P2 cards (at least the P series).

    Like everything in life, nothing is perfect and if only Panasonic had given me a call before going down the road they did.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 15, 2010 at 6:05 am in reply to: FCExpress going highdef (sort of)

    I know that Express is a lot cheaper but you also get a lot less. Do yourself a favor and get FCS3, Motion, DVDSP and Compressor are much need apps, then you also get Color and STP. Express is really limiting on what you can use.

    But if you plan to edit 720p you need to shoot 720p. Even if you can make the change on the fly (which you cannot) why would you want to shoot that way.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 14, 2010 at 9:34 pm in reply to: instant RED on a MacBook Pro – kit spec

    There is a mobel RedRocket that would make it super smooth. The HDs for this are not an issue since the files are small but there is a ton of computing power needed to handle the RED codec, and MBP fall short. That is where the Rocket comes in.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 14, 2010 at 9:31 pm in reply to: Trouble with frame rate on audio, I think

    Is the audio 44K or 48K, that will make a difference if he gave it to you as 44K. If he did, open it up in QT Pro and export it as another aiff at 48K

  • I’m really excited about this Panny but why in the world is this not a P2 camera with AVCIntra recording? Seems like that would even be more of a slam dunk.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 14, 2010 at 8:58 pm in reply to: Canon 7D – battery life and charging time

    I just got the T2i and a fully charged battery last for about 90 minutes of straight recording time. Batteries charge in about 90 minutes also. An extra battery is a must IMO but on an all day paying gig 3 seems reasonable.

    Here a question, the manual states that the SD cards need to be Class 6, I got a couple of 16GB cards from Sam’s before reading that (they were $34/each) but they are working just fine. I have done testing with them and I have never had a problem. I normally reformat the cards after a dump to computer, not just erase. I’m still in the test phase so it is no big deal but are class 4 in the safety zone of Video recording? or are there horror stories out there.

Page 155 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy