Forum Replies Created

Page 154 of 391
  • Michael Sacci

    May 17, 2010 at 5:28 pm in reply to: Getting transfer error message

    Can you give a little better description as to what you are doing.

    Are you going from the camera to a Windows PC attached via USB? and you are doing a straight copying of the P2 card? Does this same P2 card copy fine to a Mac System?

  • Noah, totally agree about Panasonic being my camera of choice and find them to be leaders, DVX for true 24p was used for many years by us, then the HVX replaced that and is still going strong. I like the look and feel I get with Panasonic over Sony so I go to Panasonic first and foremost. All I’m say is I wished they pushed this one one step further. To me the 2 negatives of DSLR is the lack of video camera control and fell, the AG100 addresses this head on great! The second is the codec of all DSLR use. Even if Panasonic went different codec that was a higher rate and 4:2:2, of course they already have 2 codecs that do this. It would be an even better camera and would take out 2 of the biggest concerns at once.

    Norman, I think the tide will shift back as more large chip video camera come out. The one thing that DSLRs have is they will never be matched with price point so the video cameras have to better them on not needing all the accessories to make them into true video cameras.

  • I liked the articles and the site as a whole, I’m with Noah, try to monazite it. If you build a reputation as been helpful that is all the matters. In this world trying to do something that doesn’t piss anybody off is hopeless. Just to right, be honest and if you can make a buck while helping people everyone wins.

    Look at Philip Bloom’s site he is making money on it but I don’t care, I want to know what he has to say about things. That is not to say I’m going to buy a real expensive piece of gear over a much cheaper piece, if I think the cheaper piece will get the job done. But he would be able to sway me, if there are two things that I’m thinking about and he like one better. He maybe getting money to like one more but that is okay with me. (and I don’t think this is the actual case, I just using it as a hypothetical situation). I think his rep is so good that he wouldn’t represent something that was outright bad.

  • [Bob Cole] “can a DSLR record to an external device” I don’t believe any of the DSLR send a clean HD video signal out. I know the Canon only send SD out the HDMI when you are in recording mode. Full SD out of HDMI would be a very good thing IMO. Hopefully someday we will have that option.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 15, 2010 at 8:24 pm in reply to: FCExpress going highdef (sort of)

    The number was dropped, but it is a new version, since there is no FCS2 any more if someone went to the apple store there is only one version to buy, in either as a upgrade or a new package.

    Most people understand that FSC3 is the newest version but understand that it is not technically correct.

  • [Hillary White] “720 x 304”

    Why are you doing that, a DVD is 720×480, if you need the height to be 304 you to add padding to the image in compressor.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 15, 2010 at 5:41 pm in reply to: Batteries

    that is a serious difference in price vs the canon.

    7.4V that is how much power it is putting out, and the reason the canon (and all other manufactures warn about using 3rd party) not saying they are correct in their warning but this is what can cause problems.

    1500mAh is simply how long it will last. Normally on external attached batteries it is not a big deal because the batteries are just bigger, but with internal batteries you have to remove more of the inert material so more capacity in the same space may mean more heat.

    These are just theories of mine so take them for what it’s worth.

    I have used 3rd party batteries before and never a problem. But never send in a camera for servicing with a 3rd party battery in it. Even if the issue is not power related the warranty can be voided.

    FWIW, my son does research in the battery field and he buys 3rd party batteries.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 15, 2010 at 5:23 pm in reply to: Best Export Setting

    I think it is a better work flow, and you get the most control in compressor.

  • Post a couple frames, images are always better than words.

    With these cameras a lot of people are starting to shoot them very flat in camera but most of the image should be in the mids not crushed blacks. Because of the codec it is hard to open up the contrast range from black to mid gray. but really nice things can happen when you go up and down from the mids.

  • Michael Sacci

    May 15, 2010 at 5:15 pm in reply to: Best Export Setting

    [Chancler Haynes] “web and DVD”

    Totally different things.

    H264 is the main way video for the web and BluRay get encoded, but with different settings. SD DVD is always m2v for video and recommended ac3 for audio. I would not encode with QT conversion, I would save a self contained movie with current settings out of FCP and then encode in Compressor.

Page 154 of 391

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy