Forum Replies Created

Page 550 of 668
  • Michael Gissing

    April 13, 2010 at 1:00 am in reply to: Remove ugly clip highlight in sequence!

    [Jeff Gerst] “I have no idea how/why I did that, but does anyone know how to remove that highlight?”

    Don’t you think it might improve your capacity to use the software if you worked it out yourself with a quick look at the manual. Personally if I do something unwanted or unexpected, I immediately try to work out how and why so I can either avoid making mistakes or utilize features. Just expecting others to tell you without any effort on your part seems a tad selfish.

    Have a go and if you are truly stumped let us know.

  • Michael Gissing

    April 13, 2010 at 12:55 am in reply to: FCP4 at NAB?

    Wow NAB is on and people are speculating. Common sense tells me that with FCS3 released less than a year ago that FCS4, (I am assuming a typo as FCP4 was released over six years ago), is not going to be released for a while.

    Either way we won’t know anything until it is officially announced so patience padawan.

  • Michael Gissing

    April 12, 2010 at 10:48 pm in reply to: FTP or Compresser, what is the problem?

    Was the audio missing from the muxed file or were you simply unable to hear it on the mac?

    This post may be relevant if you upgraded your ProApps –
    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1082720

  • Michael Gissing

    April 12, 2010 at 10:45 pm in reply to: Text Recognition Plug-In

    Scene detection is relatively easy and useful. I don’t know why anyone would bother trying to write a plugin for FCP that does the immensely difficult job of object and character recognition of a single composite file inside an editing app. Most people use EDLs or XMLs to extract that info from a timeline but a finished master tape?

    In the time it would take to capture the tape, you would probably have half the job done by shuttling through the tape with a pen & paper. If a magic plugin existed, it might take days to analyse the program and then an operator would have to manually check everything anyway.

  • The latest ProApps update was mostly for FCS3 and Snow Leopard installs. With an older OS, FCS2 and Quicktime, there was probably no reason to do the update.

    It is always worth searching the forum first as well. Any update is usually reported on here very quickly. Thanks for the warning to others who I hope will search here first and find this post.

  • Michael Gissing

    April 12, 2010 at 12:56 am in reply to: lookup tech support in the dictionary & ???

    [Jim Watt] “With the nano Flash recorder there isn’t really much need for tech support”

    That’s the secret. Design something that just works and isn’t alpha software released in a hurry to let others find bugs. Then your tech support people are not inundated with correspondence.

  • Michael Gissing

    April 12, 2010 at 12:01 am in reply to: Aspect ratio when exporting HD to Dv

    Forget the DV intermediary stage. Use Compressor to go from the HD to an SD mpeg2 and then use DVD Studio Pro instead of Toast to make the DVD. Going to DV just adds a poor quality transcode and I have seen many posts here saying Toast is not good enough and DVDSP is superior.

    It should also fix any aspect issues. Make sure your mpeg2 encode is 16:9 anamorphic.

  • Michael Gissing

    April 11, 2010 at 6:41 am in reply to: Need clarification from manual

    Why not select a clip with no audio keyframes, copy it and they paste attributes to the clips you want to delete keyframes, pasting levels? I use that to copy motion and opacity keyframes but I have never tried to use it to delete keyframes. You might have to reset the master clip gain afterwards but it would be a lot easier than deleting hundreds of keyframes.

    Worth a try.

  • Michael Gissing

    April 10, 2010 at 11:25 pm in reply to: Fastest export option?

    [David Roth Weiss] “I would suggest you export an hour at at time maximum.”

    And send those chunks via ftp. The audio people should be able to work with the video in chunks. It also means the ftp doesn’t have to transfer the whole project before any work can start at their end. Ditto with the OMF which will have to be split probably into 8 – 10 chunks to be under the 2 gig file size limitation.

    H264 is going to give the best resolution to file size but it is slow to render. However, the ftp is the real bottleneck so I would suggest making self contained videos and have Compressor work in the background making the H264 files while you keep on working. ftp as each file is done. I hope you have a really big pipe to shunt all this data down. The audio will end up bigger than the video.

    Of course talk to the audio people to make sure they can use H264 quicktimes and ask them what pixel aspect works for them.I have had keen editors deliver me 1 gig quicktimes only to discover they were the wrong pixel aspect and looked like postage stamps on screen.

  • Michael Gissing

    April 10, 2010 at 11:16 pm in reply to: Audio no Video in FCP 6

    Do you have the latest version of FCP 6? If not then update and see if that fixes the problem. White screen probably means you don’t have the XDCam codec installed. A lot happened in version 6 with XDCam so you might just have a version too early

Page 550 of 668

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy