Forum Replies Created

Page 114 of 196
  • Joseph Owens

    September 26, 2012 at 10:32 pm in reply to: Force GUI to right monitor when using two displays

    Move the monitor?

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 25, 2012 at 4:15 pm in reply to: Trouble getting text to move across screen smoothly

    [Michael Gissing] “FCP moving text gens are awful.”

    Pretty much. Some people are fans of the graphic treatments available in Motion. LiveType was pretty good, but Apple didn’t like it. CHV offered some plugins for scrolls that allowed for some pretty cool formatting, but a little bit flaky — half-lines of text turning on and off at the top and bottom of screen when leading or following a graphic, for example.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • [Rafael Amador] “Animation is by now a legacy codec. Use Prores444 instead.”

    If you need to keep things in RGB with alpha. ProRes4444 can get quite big, but the problems that Animation codec present to the Y’CbCr FCP preview are bigger.

    Try using Compressor to render out the finals, rather than from the Timeline or FCP Conversion options. The rules change once you leave Final Cut, and I have found transitions to come out much cleaner.

    I’d also be interested if “Square” was chosen rather than custom AR. You might have to change the aspect ratio on most of the footage, but that is something I work through all the time when flowing anamorphic (1440×1080) media through color correction.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 25, 2012 at 3:58 pm in reply to: This doesn’t seem possible in FCP X

    [Andy Neil] “By organizing your footage into roles (custom or otherwise) you can isolate specific roles in the index.”

    Help me out here, because I’m not specifically an editor (mastering colorist who has to figure these things out from scratch from time to time with no Rosetta stone)…

    What if the associated audio is not specifically “footage”, but is independently imported? Do you assign it a Role and visual identifier as being Foley or ambience or music or LtRt/5.1 layback or….? Or who needs more than 4 channels of audio? (winky)

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 25, 2012 at 3:45 pm in reply to: GPU Memory Full Issues right at Start up Issues ??

    Full description of your GPU please? VRAM, etc.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 25, 2012 at 3:43 pm in reply to: Adding audio issue

    Have you followed the manual descriptions? Audio must be added to the media pool and “attached” in a similar way to how we used to associate mattes.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 14, 2012 at 11:21 pm in reply to: Log Grading controls

    Considering the extremely narrow range of surfaces that Bmd has mapped and those layouts should be available on their pdf support site, seems like its mouse/stylus for now.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • [Sean Sartori] “ey cite problems with mixed frame rates, and the ability to make changes.”

    It actually sounds like this group isn’t really up to speed with the latest version, but can’t blame them for trying to avoid the bleeding edge.

    Your other alternative might be to explore a piggyback plugin corrector like Baselight for AVID which will work inside the timeline.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • [Neil Goodman] “. Can i turn this behavior off?”

    Yes its an “unlink” behaviour, or create local/remote versions.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • If you are a Final Cut editor, there is a Steven Hullfish AVID-for-FCP-editors series that was bundled with the FCP–>Media Composer “crossgrade”:

    https://www.classondemand.net/media/avid-training/mcforfcp.aspx

    Too bad they are choosing the devil they know. I’ve gone a couple of seasons in a last-minute Media Composer epsiodic, and although occasionally exciting, workflow-wise, not exactly death-defying either.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

Page 114 of 196

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy