Forum Replies Created

Page 113 of 196
  • Joseph Owens

    October 1, 2012 at 3:20 pm in reply to: NTSC ProRes project wrong

    [Oliver Peters] “The other is that it does not properly handle 480 media in a 486 timeline.”

    I have to wonder if this is rounding error in a non-hexadecimal-compatible picture aspect ratio. 480 is divisible by 16 but 486 obviously is not.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Giving this some more thought. What is the ProRes source footage frame rate? If it is different from the HDV sequence, which is probably 2997, you cannot change that while there is media on the sequence.

    In the case of (hypothetically) 2398 ProRes, one thing to try is to create a new sequence and import an example ProRes clip onto it. Accept the change if FCP determines it needs to do that, then mass copy the HDV sequence contents to the ProRes sequence. If that frame rate difference does exist, you will have a big job correcting the gaps that FCP will create because it cannot do the 2997/2398 conversion.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • [Howard Jennsen] “The raw footage is Prores 422 HQ, which is great, but it was edited in a Sequence with an HDV preset “

    So go into the sequence settings (or duplicate the HDV sequence and change them there) and re-select the sequence codec. You may have to adjust the clips on the revised sequence for scale and aspect ratio distortion, but that can be done with a few attribute commands.

    jPo

    I don’t get it that so many users think the sequence codec somehow affects the original source media.

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 28, 2012 at 9:52 pm in reply to: best settings for HD downloadable file?

    [jeffrey durkin] ” exporting from FCP. What’s best?”

    Try sending the timeline to Compressor and choose the “Apple TV” preset — its 1280×720 and will yield a pretty nice compression. You can even fiddle with the bitrate to tweak the final file size.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 28, 2012 at 5:26 pm in reply to: Third nvidia card for XPander?

    [Juan Salvo] ” multiple GPUs in resolve only perform as fast as the slowest card in the set.”

    Thanks, Juan, that’s exactly what my concern was. At this point, I might just order another 480… keep them as a set. Its not like I’m doing a lot of 3D or HDR, but those NR nodes suck a lot of cycles.

    I have less than zero desire to move up the Apple iOS chain until I build out a completely new MacPro chassis (hah!). By then there will be more bigger faster CUDA GPUs and the log-rolling contest never ends.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • [Boris Riabov] “4. Should I remove the Smoothcam?”

    Can’t say for certain, but if its important to you, i’d “bake” it out and re-imbed it on the timeline before sending to Compressor.

    If you are creating an .m2v transport stream, I am at a loss as to how DVD Studio Pro would create a disk that halts and skips if the m2v is intact. You can scrub through it when it is imbedded in DVD Studio Pro?

    If still no luck, then exporting a single QT movie would be the next approach.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • [Jake Sullivan] “if anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it. “

    Check to make sure your media does match the sequence settings. If you are unsure as to how to do that, create a new sequence and drop one of your clips onto it and accept the automatic sequence update that FCP will offer. Review those settings and reconcile them with your master timeline if need be. Also check the Motion tab settings for scaling and distortion.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm in reply to: ‘Tweening’ a single attribute.

    Preferred practice is to open the keyframe disclosure arrows and click on an individual attribute to set a mark, rather than mass-marking every parameter.

    In this case, maybe you can open that set and delete the unneeded keyframes.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 26, 2012 at 10:42 pm in reply to: Question about bitrate

    [Grant Wilber] “40,000. They’re in 720. Is this overkill? “

    Probably. H264 BluRay generally looks pretty good at anywhere around 30 Mbps. I was working with a client who wanted a CBR DVD (720×480) to play smoothly on laptops, and we settled at around 4MBps.

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

  • Joseph Owens

    September 26, 2012 at 10:34 pm in reply to: Force GUI to right monitor when using two displays

    How about the Apple preferences?

    jPo

    “I always pass on free advice — its never of any use to me” Oscar Wilde.

Page 113 of 196

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy