Forum Replies Created

Page 1771 of 1940
  • John Rofrano

    May 21, 2009 at 5:43 pm in reply to: New Computer

    > Does anyone have any other recommendations?

    The Intel Core i7 920 seems to be the best bang for the buck right now. If I had to build a new machine that would be at the heart of it (I have an older Intel QuadCore). The Core i7’s just scream with multi-media apps like Vegas. You should check them out.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 21, 2009 at 4:10 pm in reply to: dvda to nero/roxio

    > I have also read quite a bit about people dissatisfied with both both Nero and Roxio. Have any forum readers encountered major problems with either of them?

    There was a time when Nero was lean and mean but those days are gone. It is now a bloated invasive collection of programs. I cannot recommend Nero because I am one of those people who had a major problem. Nero causes Boris RED to not be able to read any DV media files on my PC because it inserted a filter into the video chain that caused the failure. This is was confirmed by Boris and very repeatable. There was no way to uninstall this filter without totally removing Nero (which I did in th end). I tried re-installing and I unchecked everything except Nero Burning ROM and it still inserted video filters. This is totally unacceptable behavior.

    I recommend ImgBurn if all you want to do is burn an image and it’s free. Have DVD Architect create an ISO file and burn the ISO file to media with ImgBurn.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 21, 2009 at 3:56 pm in reply to: Track motion, please help!!!

    That was a good solution too. 😉

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • Instead of the cookie cutter use a piece of Gradient Generated Media. Change the Gradient Type to Elliptical and make the two colors fully transparent and partially transparent black. Then arrange them to make a circle around the player. This will dim everything that is outside of the transparent circle.

    If you really want to highlight them, you can add a third point that is yellow and create thin yellow circle around the transparent circle.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 20, 2009 at 7:03 pm in reply to: Track motion, please help!!!

    > But when I copy and paste the picture to a new layer I loose all the keyframes. Is there a simple fix that I am overlooking?

    What you want to do is copy and paste the keyframes. The easiest way to do this is right in the Track Motion window. Just select each of them (CTRL+Click), then right-click copy, move the mini-timeline cursor to the new position and paste.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 20, 2009 at 1:58 pm in reply to: Transition Effects

    I would check out NewBlueFX. They have lots of flashy transitions at a reasonable price if that’s what you’re into.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 20, 2009 at 3:03 am in reply to: DVDA Stop Button Question
  • John Rofrano

    May 20, 2009 at 2:43 am in reply to: AVCHD editing

    > Will Vegas Pro 8 do this as well?

    No, Vegas Pro 8.0 does not smart render AVCHD. You need Vegas Pro 9.0 for this feature.

    > I am working with AVCHD footage from a Canon 5DMk2 and would like to smart-render a cuts-only project.

    The Canon 5DMk2 does not shoot AVCHD so it wouldn’t work in Vegas Pro 9.0 either. The Canon 5DMk2 shoots H.264 but it does not comply with the AVCHD standard.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 19, 2009 at 11:02 am in reply to: AVCHD editing

    > Is a regular DVD that contains movies in AVCHD format – the disk, as I understand it, is created using UDF 2.5.

    Then you want to author a Blu-ray disc with DVD Architect and burn it to DVD media instead of a Blu-ray disc.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    May 19, 2009 at 10:59 am in reply to: Spaced Frames

    > CAN THIS PROBLEM BE SOLVED WITHIN VEGAS? Thanks for the suggestions, but I just want to know if there is a default option or setting that I can use to fix this.

    The answer is Yes, but you have to change the frame rate of your project to 30.000fps. It’s the 29.976 frame rate that is causing the gaps in your images when laying them out. If you change your project frame rate to 30.000 the images will not have gaps. Then when you have them the way you like, change the frame rate back to 29.976.

    If you wanted to use a script you could also use VASST Still Motion or Ultimate S Pro. Both have the capability to do this.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Page 1771 of 1940

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy