John Rofrano
Forum Replies Created
-
John Rofrano
June 6, 2009 at 4:22 am in reply to: Why does Vegas add pulldown when using real 23.976 material?It looks like DVD Architect always adds pulldown. I don’t know why but I see the same thing.
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com -
> i using the following project setting
pal 720X576
field option :none (progressiv)
full screen quality :best
frame rate:24I believe we covered this before… you have to STOP changing the default settings!!! PAL video is not progressive nor is it 24fps. PAL is interlaced lower field first at 25 fps. This is what your camera shot… this is what your project should be using. Just selected the standard PAL DV (720×576, 25.000 fps) project setting and don’t change a thing.
> the rendering settings:
mpeg2 video stream for dvd arhitect
rendering quality: best
field order:none
deinterlace methode:none
frame rate:24Your next problem is that PAL doesn’t support 24p. It’s not part of the DVD standard. NTSC supports 60i, 30p and 24p. PAL only supports 50i and 25p. I could not even get the MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder to make a PAL 24p file so I have no idea how you did this. The only valid progressive option for PAL is 25p.
What you should do is change the PAL 25fps MPEG2 settings to progressive and get 25p. I did a little test and DVD Architect seemed to be OK with the PAL 25p file that I made. It did not say it would recompress it. So your best option is to use the MPEG-2 DVD Architect PAL video stream template and go into the Custom… options and change the Field order: None (progressive scan). Then save this new template as DVD Architect PAL 25p video stream and render with it.
> when i move the camera from left to right and form right to left loose quality from stream its loocks like the stream jumps and not focused why????
This is probably from rendering 25fps footage at 24fps without telling Vegas to just slow it down 4%. Just use 25p and you should get the deinterlaced results that you want on both your PC and DVD.
BTW, your English is quite good. I speak no other language so I’m quite impressed. 😉
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com -
I mean split your source and physically move part of it to another track and then parent that new track to other tracks with a different compositing modes. You have unlimited tracks in Vegas.
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com -
-
Creating a seamless loop is easy. The trick to making the ends line up is to make the middle the ends! Place the event on the timeline. Split it in the middle. Move the right event all the way left and the left event all the way to the right right. What you now have is two ends that will seamlessly loop because they were split at the same point. But there’s a jump cut in the middle. No problem, overlap the middle for 1 or 2 seconds until the transition is seamless. What you are left with is a perfect seamless loop.
I do this with generated media all time. In fact, this is how the VASST BackPak’s were created. If you look at one of those projects you’ll see how I did it.
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com -
> Is there a way to change the view so the timeline in 9.0 shows all of the frames?
Go Options | Preferences | Video and change Thumbnails to show in video events: to All
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com -
> As I’ve been rendering rough cuts, it seems to cut the movie into seperate files or pieces. It cuts every 18 minutes and 46 seconds. Can anyone tell me how to get it to render to just one single movie file?
It sounds like you are rendering to a drive that is formatted for FAT32 and you are hitting the 4GB file size limit. You need to use NTFS drives for rendering or convert that drive to NTFS.
As for the best DVD render format, I would use the MPEG-2 DVD Architect 24p NTSC Widescreen video stream template and render the audio separately as Dolby Digital AC3 either Stereo DVD or 5.1 Surround depending on the audio in your project.
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com -
> I would like to know if the picture quality between the two setting options on the MC1 of HD FH and HD FQ will have any real noticable difference in quality.
I would have to say yes but you need to test this for yourself. You are almost halving the bit-rate. 16Mbps is going to give better quality than 9Mbps. Also the 9Mbps setting is 1440×1080 not the full 1920×1080 like the 16Mbps mode (my Sony HDR-CX12 has the same modes) I would only shoot in 1920×1080 16Mbps if quality is your concern.
> And since the clips that come from my Sony MC1 are M2t files, what exactly is the difference between them and the files that come from my Z1U?
The Sony MC1 shoots AVCHD and the Sony Z1U shoots HDV. AVCHD is highly compressed MPEG4 while HDV uses less compressed/high bit-rate MPEG2. Are you sure the file extensions is m2t for the MC1? It should be mts or m2ts which are the extensions used by AVCHD cameras.
The claim is that 16Mbps AVCHD is as good quality as 25Mbps HDV but I can’t do any tests because my Sony HDR-CX12 only has 37mm glass so it’s not fair to compare that quality to my Sony Z1U but I can tell you that it is not the same quality (and no where near the low light capability of the Z1U). You really have to compare it to a Pro AVCHD camera which I don’t have (and have no desire to own… my CX12 is just a “vacation cam”) I just prefer HDV because it’s a lot easier to edit and I’m happy with the quality of my Z1U.
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com -
No, you would have to split your source tracks so that they can have their own compositing. You can also do the compositing in a nested project but that doesn’t solve the issue that some are burn mode and some are overlay.
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com -
US DVD players are NTSC only. Customer will not be able to play PAL DVD’s. You need to republish in NTSC if you expect to sell in the states.
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com