Forum Replies Created

Page 1761 of 1940
  • John Rofrano

    June 6, 2009 at 1:45 pm in reply to: carrying markers through to DVDA

    The names should have come across with the markers. Something went wrong here. What versions of Vegas and DVD Architect are you using? Exactly how did you render to get the markers to show up (what options did you use)?

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 6, 2009 at 1:43 pm in reply to: rendering with Vegas Pro 8.0c

    I assume the film submissions are on DVD in MPEG-2 format? Why are you using Vegas at all? Why not just use DVD Architect to place these films on DVD and have them play in a sequence? I’m sure the submitters will greatly appreciate that you do not re-render them and loose quality that they worked so hard to achieve. 😉

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 6, 2009 at 1:40 pm in reply to: DVD Architect Studio Help

    In DVD Architect Studio select File | New | Single Movie and navigate to the video and accept it. Once the movie appears in the center window, look to the right where the properties are and select End Action and change Destination from Most recent menu to point to your movie. You will now have a DVD with no menu that auto-plays and loops forever.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 6, 2009 at 1:35 pm in reply to: only seeing black

    What format is the source media?

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • > …but now the problem is that they look all pixely. Not all of them and not all the time. Just every now and then in the middle of certain clips, they go all glitchy and pixelise themselves.

    What format are the source files? This sounds like they are DivX or mpeg4 from YouTube or something like that. Vegas doesn’t support these formats.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 6, 2009 at 1:20 pm in reply to: MPEG TS is slow in Vegas pro 8

    What camcorder did you get? How powerful is your PC? (CPU, Memory, Number and size of hard drives) Is your footage on your C: drive with your swap file? All of these things affect performance.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • What format is your source footage? Where did it come from? What codec does it use? Unsupported source formats are usually the reason for this.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 6, 2009 at 1:15 pm in reply to: Audio OR Video going out of sync over 2 years?

    What has changed on your PC in 2 years? I’ll bet a lot of things changed. Did you update DivX at all? or update Vegas? Vegas doesn’t support DivX so I’m surprised the video worked the first time. In the future, you should not work in DivX if you want to use Vegas. DivX is a delivery format, not an editing format.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 6, 2009 at 1:08 pm in reply to: HD and De-interlacing

    > 1) If I create an HD project in Vegas, but burn it to a normal DVD-R, will it play? Since DV is a lower resolution, perhaps this just means that I render the final project to a DVD-R compatible MPEG, yes?

    Yes, you have to render your HD footage to a DVD compliant MPEG2 file.

    > 2) The HD will be 1.77 aspect ratio, 1280×720 pixels. If I create my Vegas project with this setting, will this automatically create a non-letterboxed true-widescreen video format for both HD and DVD-R, no matter the level of render resolution for each output format?

    Yes it will create true widescreen 16:9 non-letterboxed output. One thing to be aware of is that DV/DVD Widescreen and HD Widescreen have slightly different aspect ratios that are both called 16:9. HD media will show slight black pillarbox bars in a DVD widescreen render unless you crop or stretch the video. Personally, I use the stretch option when I render and it looks fine.

    > This paragraph confuses me quite a lot. How does one deinterlace before you even being editing? What does that mean?

    They are just saying that if your output is progressive you might ant to deinterlace any interlaced footage before you start editing and work entirely in progressive mode. That requires you to re-render your source. I don’t believe this is necessary (at least not for Vegas users). Vegas handles mixing interlaced and non-interlaced footage quite nicely. Some other NLE’s do not.

    > Considering that I am interested in 2 different output renders (HD and DVD-R), how should I approach this deinterlace issue?

    Since you said that your project is comprised entirely of photographic stills and these stills by their very nature are not interlaced, I would work in progressive mode (progressive project settings and progressive render settings). Both of your output formats support progressive 24p rendering so there is no need to interlace at all.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

  • John Rofrano

    June 6, 2009 at 4:28 am in reply to: Progressive Scan

    > I’ve heard that the conversion from 25 fps to 24p might cause more motion-type artifacts than going from 25 to 29.97 fps, so perhaps it’s a trade off. If I do end up using 24p for the DVD, I assume I would want to (have to?) choose 2-3 pulldown?

    I would just render to 25p. It’s so close to 24p (4% speed change) that it still gives the same sort of cadence and it’s still progressive. This will save a lot of headaches with the fps conversion.

    ~jr

    http://www.johnrofrano.com
    http://www.vasst.com

Page 1761 of 1940

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy