> Why on earth does Vegas resizes my photo is baffling to me. Can you imagine placing an 11X17 photo in a 5×7 artwork in photoshop and photoshop automatically sizes it.
Can you imagine dropping 300 5-megapixel images on an NLE timeline and having to resize each and every one of them to fit the frame? Outrageous… but that’s what every other NLE *except* Vegas expects you to do. What a waste of time in those other NLE’s.
Actually this is one of the reasons I use Vegas instead of other NLE’s. It automatically conforms everything to the project properties. I can drop HD, SD, Images all into the same project and it all conforms nicely without me having to list a finger. I hate when After Effects forces me to resize images to make them fit the frame. I guess I’m just spoiled by Vegas. 😉
All you have to do is go into Pan/Crop and change the width to match the width of your project in square pixels and the image will be shown it’s actual size. Then you can pan around at it’s full resolution.
~jr
http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com