Forum Replies Created

Page 272 of 413
  • John Pale

    June 21, 2009 at 1:25 am in reply to: FCP and Sony hdw-d2000 (HD SDI problems)

    HDCAM? HDCAM-SR? 1080 or 720? What frame rate? You aren’t telling us much here…

    And yes, reference does matter.

  • John Pale

    June 19, 2009 at 4:21 pm in reply to: FCP Does not Remember when Relinking….

    What kind of storage do you have?

  • John Pale

    June 19, 2009 at 3:58 am in reply to: Float HD Template – can I change it?

    You sure can change it. Its a regular Motion project located in Templates/3D Text Projects, wherever you installed your Motion content.

    I have all my FCS content installed on a separate volume, so its probably in a different place than yours, but you should be able to find it using Spotlight.

    If you cant find it, let me know and I can e-mail it. Its only a 600kb Motion project.

  • John Pale

    June 18, 2009 at 11:19 pm in reply to: Any ideas to send DNxHD out HD-SDI

    Avid used to charge several thousand dollars for the card that allowed the Avid Adrenaline to play out DNxHD. Its a bit cheaper now with a Mojo. And remember, Avids themselves do not play out the Quicktime DNxHD codec…Avids use their own flavor of MXF media. The Quicktime codec is only for interchange with other programs. Avid is not a Quicktime based editing system.

  • John Pale

    June 18, 2009 at 6:58 pm in reply to: 720p to DVD – Interlaced or Progressive?

    23.98 Progressive DVD’s are definitely within spec. I make them all the time.
    I have never tried to make a 30p DVD. I didn’t even think it was possible, so I will defer to Dave.

  • John Pale

    June 18, 2009 at 6:13 pm in reply to: Codec not Found – import IMX MPEG file

    Is it possible they were exported from an Avid which has its own Quicktime IMX codec?

  • Are you exporting to WMV using flip4mac? Sounds like you may only have a demo version.

  • John Pale

    June 18, 2009 at 4:03 pm in reply to: 720p to DVD – Interlaced or Progressive?

    I could be wrong about this but I don’t think a 30p DVD is within the DVD spec… I think only 24p (23.98) and 29.97 (interlaced) are valid for NTSC.

  • John Pale

    June 18, 2009 at 3:58 pm in reply to: flicking in audio

    Oh yeah… Use Compressor, Quicktime Player, iTunes, etc. For the conversion, not FCP itself.

  • John Pale

    June 18, 2009 at 3:45 pm in reply to: flicking in audio

    Is this audio an mp3 file by any chance?

    If so, you need to convert it to a 48k AIFF file.

Page 272 of 413

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy